For the God-Princesses! (Warhammer 40k thread).

chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight  
Well the way it works in Shadowrun, there are only a small handful of dragons each holding reign over certain parts of the world. But they take on human form through the power of a glamour. The lore goes that magic comes and goes like every millennium, so there was this event known as the Awakening Of The Sixth World (the sixth time magic came to existence). So you’d have human parents giving birth to the likes of elves and dwarves and the like just as native american tribes were actually able to manipulate and summon creatures from the spirit realm (Shaman, that’s an actual class in the game.)

The lore itself, is almost as vast as DnD or Warhammer, but with more of an emphasis on Sci-FI cyberpunk than entire races warring with eachother. I don’t know evrything about Shadowrun just what I’ve seen on Splattercats’s let’s plays ( he’s also into Warhammer) But yeah, it’s a series worth checking out if your interested.
Nittany Discord
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@Communist Starlight  
Yeah. Hit up a local game store this weekend as soon as it was open. Stores only got one box of each battleforce because the new UK COVID-19 lockdown shut down production. The ones online sold out fast because mostly scalpers bought them out with bots, so I feel bad for those who tried to buy the box online for legitimate reasons.

@chaotic-7  
It is indeed awesome.
chaotic-7

@Nittany Discord  
Well it’s being developed by the people who made Vermintide 1 and 2, which was structured like Left 4 Dead (I have both on my ps4) but yeah ithink people are due for another 40k first person title. Deathwing is a solid title, but it’s better suited for multiplayer only because eveyone has acces to all the firepower and classes. I got Necromunda Underhive wars, but I’m waiting for the DLC if Mordheim is anything to go off of.

Like I said, I have nothing but the utmost respect for tabletop, the way people build the landscapes to painstakingly painting their armies with absolute detail. I just don’t have the time or the money for tabletop right now. So for me the closest I can get is the videogame versions. I just don’t want any other Warhammer fans to think I’m some kind of pleb.
Nittany Discord
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@chaotic-7  
I wouldn’t think you’re a pleb. I personally got into the lore before I got into the tabletop, and I think some people just like the lore but don’t touch the tabletop. The tabletop is expensive, so I can understand people not wanting to play it because of the startup cost.

I have Deathwing, but I only played the singleplayer of it. I found it okay. Wouldn’t mind trying the multi with friends.
chaotic-7

@Nittany Discord  
Yeah it’s funny too, because the game that got me into 40k was Inquistor: Matyr. The game got lousy reveiws upon launch, but I was like what the hell; It reminded me of Diablo but with guns. But once I started playing I couldn’t put it down (this was before patches and updates, the game is like a whole diffrent animal now) then soon after I started watching the lore videos on youtube. I was like, this like the History Channel but it’s all based off from a game! From then I realized why so many people were long-timers of 40k. The lore, the setting, the grimdark sci-fi universe, the diffrent races and factions, the weaponry. I began to see where a lot of modern game titles borrowed inspiration from. I swear whenever I play any of the Fallout games and I see Brotherhood of Steel soldiers Space Marines immediately come to mind anymore. Or Master Cheif from Halo on how he’s this genetically altered, cyberneticaly enhanced super soldier, or how the Doom Slayer makes it his lifes mission to remain in Hell and kill any and all demons that come his way. But I think that alot of those developers at one point or another were into 40k themselves.
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
The only two video games I have for it is Total War and Mechanicus. I must say, both of them are great, and I’m on the discord for the Mechanicus if I ever needed to speak directly with the devs.

I agree, chaotic7, that they put a lot of time and effort into their games. And now look at the bloody masterpiece we have!
chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight  
You never know though, I mean Morddheim came out like 5 years or so ago and then we were introduced to Necromunda. Then we got Vermintide and now we’re getting Darktide sometime in 2021. I dunno, it just seem like a pattern I’ve noticed with GW. I think they’re trying to keep both fans happy.
chaotic-7

@Nittany Discord  
That’s what I hear a lot of 40k fans say too. I honestly think it could work if done correctly. It would probably be the equivalent of playing Dawn of War with the Apocalypse mod just more streamlined.
chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight  
40k on the GBA? That would be pretty cool, again if it was done right instead of slapping the 40k licence on it like they did Fire Warrior. I’m not Anti-Tao or anything I just know a bad game when I see one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide