Ducktales (2017) Thread

lasty
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

dead to you
@HighRollerHydra  
You can have DVDs mailed to your home. Hell, some shipping operations will knock on your door and hand them to you. Not saying there aren’t people too lazy to check their mail or open a door and then a box, but enough to make physical media obsolete?
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@lasty  
@Background Pony #9C0F  
@HighRollerHydra  
@igotnopicks

Ah. Yeah, what you say makes sense, but I’m sure people would love to get DVD sets if only to have a physical copy, you know? When I heard about a Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs release on DVD, you’d better believe I preordered it. Now if a friend visits and notices, we can go, “Oh, wow, remember that show?”

Plus, internet around these parts isn’t always conducive to streaming, and people outside the US are often out of luck.
Background Pony #3FAD
@Background Pony #9C0F  
And what I hate is streaming isn’t the most reliable. A license for a series can be dropped and the whole thing is lost forever. Plus, if your connection suddenly quits working that means you can’t watch anything anyway.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
Funny, I always thought Launchpad would be a fan of monster movies and not get scared from watching them, just from possible real monster.

Also, bird guy with a dog girl, interspecies relationship!
Background Pony #3FAD
Definitely an improvement over lad week’s episode. I still don’t like Lena too much, but she thankfully comes off as more bearable here.

Beakley outright calling Launchpad a manchild gave me a good laugh.

I wish we could have seen more of the Terri-Firmies, though. Hopefully they’ll show up in a later episode sometime. Interesting how they combined the origins from both the comics and first cartoon.

That said, I am hoping we get to see Donald soon (less so with Scrooge, he’s confirmed to appear in the next couple episodes). After all the advertising built him up as a main character, he’s barely had more screentime than he did in the ’87 cartoon thus far.

1. Woo-oo!  
  2. The Great Dime Chase!  
  3. Terror of the Terra-firmians!  
  4. Daytrip of Doom!  
  5. The Beagle Birthday Massacre!

@Prof.NightJack  
    To be fair, Bubba did have a crush on a pig girl in one episode of the original cartoon, so it’s not like interspecies relations are completely new.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Dirty Bit

Wasn’t Gladstone a goose or something rather than a duck, making his interest in Daisy and example as well? And Pete and his wife over in Goof Troop (Peggy?); wasn’t he a cat and she a dog?
Background Pony #3FAD
@Dirty Bit  
Pete is supposed to be a cat, I believe. Also, taking the comics and old cartoons into account, one of Donald’s relatives got together with a goose leading to Cousin Gus.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
Gladstone is a relative of Donald and Scrooge, another duck.  
As for Pete… it’s really hard to tell.  
At first he was bear, see the pre-Micky stuff like the Oswald cartoons, but then made a cat when Micky came about, then at some point when they started to make him an antagonist for a number of other Disney character and they kind of dropped having any indication of what he is, about just before they paired him with Goofy for Goof Troop.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Anonycat  
In that case it’s only canon to the Italian comics and nothing else, so saying somthing from that is canon when not talking about the Italian comis mean it’s not canon within the topic.

We where talking about the American cartoons, so not canon.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Oh man, the new episode was really good. THIS IS HOW YOU INTRODUCE AN ORIGINAL CHARACTER INTO A WELL KNOWN FRANCHISE, GOD DAMMIT!
Background Pony #5693
@Background Pony #1C8D  
@WM-R  
Those are the main reasons I prefer physical media when possible (well, also I currently live where the internet’s so piss-poor that streaming’s out of the question, but that’s a temporary(ish) situation). Unfortunately, we seem to be in the minority nowadays.

@WM-R  
@Dirty Bit  
@Thanotos Omega  
@Prof.NightJack  
Carl Barks and Don Rosa both drew up family trees for the Disney ducks; Rosa’s is more comprehensive and differs in a few places, one of them being who Gladstone’s father was, but in both trees Gladstone’s father is a goose who married Donald’s aunt Daphne, making him a product of an interspecies relationship as well as Donald’s first cousin, though he’s not a blood relative of Scrooge. (As a side note, Gus Goose is a slightly more distant cousin to Donald; how much more distant depends on which tree you consult. Barks doesn’t specify his mother, but Rosa lists her as Fanny Coot, making Gus another child of an interspecies relationship. Apparently Calisota’s pretty progressive in that regard.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide