Ducktales (2017) Thread

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Background Pony #1C8D  
You forget that Webby is pretty terrible with contact with kids her age. In fact she is mostly like a fan of the triplets. But there are episodes that build into other events later on. Might look at Gizmo for that.
Background Pony #5994
Quack Pack was the first time Huey, Dewey and Louie were given separate personalities, right?
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@igotnopicks  
Webby is basically S01 Twilight: had awesome training at the cost of not having friends and basic social skills and it shows.  
Loving the series so far, my lone complain is that once again we didn’t got Carl Barks’ Beagle Boys design.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Dirty Bit

I kind of liked it due to how different it was, though the fact that they were cartoon ducks interacting with normal humans instead of the usual dog people was a bit jarring.

@igotnopicks  
@Anonycat

Yeah, that was the reason I could buy Webby so desperately wanting to befriend Lena. Remember, she outright says that despite the triplets trying to include her, she still feels left out because they have all sorts of in-jokes and stuff that she as an outsider just doesn’t get.

Plus Lena’s a girl and Webby probably really wants to have a female friend her own age since there are bound to be some things that she just can’t do with the triplets. It wouldn’t surprise me if at some point there’s a sleepover episode.
Background Pony #5994
Sure are a lot of great female main characters in this decade’s cartoons. The Mane Six, Mabel, Star Butterfly, the Crystal Gems, and Webby.
WM-R

@Background Pony #68D0

Heh. That’s the same reason why people who complain the Transformers are/were almost completely male-oriented have a point despite the argument they’re alien robots and theoretically don’t have dimorphic features: when virtually your entire cast uses male pronouns, doesn’t that mean they are for all intents and purposes male?
Background Pony #5693
A lot of fun stuff in this episode (I particularly liked the “Beagle Birds” recurring bit), but some of the plotting felt off (particularly Webby eventually getting annoyed at being left out of the boat ride, considering she had turned down Huey’s offer to take his place in the cold open), and the timing in the climactic Beagle brawl felt oddly slow. Not a bad episode, or necessarily a portent of rough times ahead, but it’s a bit of a stumble after a pretty dang surefooted beginning.

@Background Pony #1C8D  
@WM-R  
This was planned to be the 10th episode (counting the hour-long debut as two episodes), but Disney decided to air it fifth, I’m guessing in order to introduce Lena earlier rather than later. Episode four is a Huey-centric episode, but it’s been pushed back to December. grumble

@Background Pony #68D0  
Because she’s awesome.
WM-R

@Background Pony #9C0F

Ah. Gonna be a case of watching in production order rather than airing order once dvds and stuff come out, then. But what antagonists would they have had to fill in the gap between episode 4 (the Great Dime Chase) and this one? The way they speak makes it sound like the Beagle Boys haven’t had any run-ins with the McDuck group for quite some time.

Also, I can’t say enough times how much I enjoyed the various Beagle Boy cliques.
Background Pony #3FAD
@WM-R  
There aren’t going to be DVD releases. This is Disney, remember? They’re the worst when it comes to giving their tv cartoon library home releases outside their Star Wars cartoons - none of their other shows outside Talespin have been completely released, and that’s if they lucky enough to get a single DVD release at all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide