Ducktales (2017) Thread

Background Pony #1F75
Four episodes in, and I’d say it’s off to a solid B+ start so far, with great upside potential. Color me intrigued.

I’ve been skeptical of quite a few of the changes they’ve made for the reboot, but so far they’ve worked out pretty well or very well. So while I’m really annoyed they turned Gyro (and Little Helper/Bulb) into a jerk, I’m willing to cut them some slack to see where it goes. Odd that they kept Quackfaster’s name when she’s nothing like the Miss Quackfaster from the comics, though.

@Anonycat  
TV-Y7 vs. TV-Y is part of it; Hasbro wanting MLP to conform to certain specifications in order to better sell toys, particularly in terms of less serialization, is another part.
Background Pony #5994
I’d argue that in some ways, 2017 Ducktales is better than the original cartoon. One way is giving the characters depth.
Background Pony #5994
Adding to my last post:

I also like their voices better than their voices in the original cartoon, when they sounded like mini-Donalds.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

After rewatching the first few episodes (I need my fix, man), I’m even more impressed with the care that went into this. Like in The Great Dime Chase Webby accidentally drops a book on the floor because she’s gushing about the place, and when the camera pans to Dewey he’s clearly just picked up the book and put it back. We don’t see him pick it up and put it back into the shelf (because we’re clearly meant to focus on Webby), but it’s clearly inferred. I appreciate that sort of background stuff.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
I’m wondering if that girl that Webby will befriend is going to be some new character or a version of one from somthing in the past.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
Well, Ducktales ep. 4 (or it is 5?) was another great episode that ended with a huge “WHAT?!” from my part.  
So far this series has been giving me that same old feeling that FiM used to gave me during it’s two first seasons. Seeing the level of love and care they are putting in here, looks like that feeling will last for a long time.
Background Pony #3FAD
So, we come to our first stinker of the series. Yeah, the Magica reveal was cool, but other than that, the rest of the episode fell flat. Reusing the Beagles so soon after last week and having an almost similar climax (the Beagles capture the kids, Webby frees herself and figures out way to defeat them) really didn’t do wonders for it. Most of the time I was bored and found myself wondering what Scrooge and Donald were up to. If the Beagle Boys make a third appearance in the near future I really hope it’s some episode with them making some sort of crazy assault on the bin or something like that (y’know, like the comics or first cartoon) and not another round of “Home Alone-style crooks vs kids” episode, because I think I may skip it if it is.

And I know Lena is supposed to be a spy, but even with her cover of befriending Webby she comes off as such a b**** that it made me wonder why anyone would want to befriend her.

So yeah, I didn’t like this one. Hopefully next week with the Terri-Firmies is better (although we still have Lena showing up in that one too. “Yay”)
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Background Pony #1C8D

After watching the episode, I have to agree with you on some points but not on others. While I agree using the Beagle Boys again so soon wasn’t the best idea, it’s not like there are a lot of other villains they have right now, you know? I’m sure they weren’t expecting two episodes to air last week together and thought this episode would be at least a week after the Beagle Boys’ introduction.

I also felt that Huey, Dewey and Louie’s intelligence took a hit in this episode, specifically when they meet up with the girls and the triplets get into an argument heated enough they don’t notice Lena take Webby and sneak away. Also, considering how Dewey at least took notice of Webby and insisted she join them during their visit to Funzo’s Funzone (where fun is in the zone), it felt a bit jarring for all three of them willing to leave her alone on the beach.

That said, there were still a lot of funny things going on that made this episode not a total waste of time. Like the various Beagle sub-groups, or the triplets suddenly speaking in unison and freaking out.
Dave33333
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
Man, I wish I had Disney XD, I only got to see the premiere before we had to lose the channel to save money.

The fact David Tennant is the voice of Scrooge McDuck alone is a reason for me to watch.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide