Cooking thread

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@QueenCold  
Excessive use of lard and sugar is history.  
The 50s was a scary time indeed.  
full  
Really, during the 1950s’ turbulent politics, the world came the closet to nuclear war.

Though, lard does give fried dishes a distinct pleasant taste, aroma, and crispy texture that cannot be matched by vegetable fats. I think I should look into kosher schmaultz. Chicken fat, pretty much.

Olive oil is the main type of fat my family uses.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@SeraphimDawn  
False, actually. There’s more sugar in processed foods than ever. They started replacing the fat with sugars in the 1960’s. These days these sugars are often disguised with terms like “juice concentrate”, “maltodextrine”, “dextrose”, “high fructose corn syrup”, “agave nectar”, “dextrin”, “maltose”, “molasses”, “evaporated cane juice” and other such fancy descriptions. What I really just said is: “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar”, “sugar” and “sugar”.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@QueenCold  
I have plenty.  
You see, my dad is obsessed with baking, roasting, and stewing. Basically, Northern Chinese cooking style. While my mom is more fond of Taiwanese, Korean, and Japanese cuisine. We don’t eat to much spicy foods. They think flavourful foods are, “not good for you”. Well yeah, if they contain too much sugar and fat. But they just simply don’t like the pungent smell of cumin, which is a prominent spice used in Indian and Mexican foods.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@QueenCold  
That is something those so called, “Japanese curries” seem to lack, along with the texture. It evolved form the kind of curry the British introduced a couple centuries ago. Once you’ve tried Indian curry, you probably would never go back to Japanese curry.

As for cooking, I just simply don’t have the time nor the motivation to do so. I know, I’m being sort of a hypocrite for a person who wants to promote cooking. But life is life. Having to decide what to cook, is often the hard part, IMO.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Sliced chicken breast cooked in lemon juice with garlic, oregano and mustard, accompanied with soft rice cooked with potato, carrot and herbs.

full
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@QueenCold  
You can also substitute bamboo leaves with lotus leaves, like in Lo Mai Gai from Southern China or Banana leaves, like the Mexican Tamale.

Come to think of it. Both Tamale and zongzi are quite similar dishes. It’s just that Tamale is mostly made with maize, while Zongzi, is mostly made with glutinous rice.

Lotus Roots  
They work well in soups and stir fries. Vinegar lotus roots make great side dishes. They are sort of like potatoes, but firmer and crunchier.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@QueenCold  
Cilantro, Perejil and apio. (Coriander, parsley and celery.)  
It’s just a little, must be chopped into tiny pieces and added in the same proportions, none must top the other.  
Some red pepper and peas would be good as well.

Also, this is “Porotos con mazamorra” (Beans with grinded corn)  
full

You can learn the recipe here: http://bearshapedsphere.blogspot.com/2010/01/porotos-granados-vegetarian-chilean.html

And since i’m already talking about chilean food…

full

Behold the almighty CHACARERO. (Stock image this time.)  
http://thelemursarehungry.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/chacarero-the-ultimate-sandwich/
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide