Cooking thread

QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The peppers, chili peppers and things like basil and oregano, I mean.
My backyard isn’t THAT big. XD
But there are farms literally ten minutes away from my neighborhood, so we always have plenty of cheap, nice, fresh produce to cook.
Food is absurdly cheap and abundant here.

Same here, I live in what is considered a rural area. Heck, I get my wheat gluten directly from the miller. We have a fully functional old-fashioned windmill here.

My herbs are just in tiny pots that are sitting on the kitchen window sill. The only things that are actually outside are the mint, the strawberries and the tomatoes. The strawberries are really delicious and sweet, because the soil is mostly cold clay. (which also makes it very suitable for growing potatoes)
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

@Anonycat  
Luckily that doesn’t happen to mine!  
But yeah, having animals ruin your garden is one of the most annoying things. You could try putting down lemon peels or pepper where you don’t want the cats to sit. If you have plants with thorns in your garden, you can put some clippings of those on the floor under the tomatoes. You could also plant plants that cats like on the opposite side of the garden.  
If you want a more visually appealing solution, you could always get cocoa mulch. It won’t chase the cats off, but they won’t like to use your garden as a toilet very much. Don’t get that if you have a dog, though.
Twisty

i know this may not be fully cooking related but, does anyone prefer to order food in small places rather than a big chain=
Twisty

@Anonycat

man, the day they find something that tastes just as good as a burger and cooks just as fast but without all the grease, it would be the best day ever.
luna the great!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Alicorn enthusiast
I’m gluten intolerant and only eat organic food.

I can’t actually cook anything much, though. I’m scared of the stove. I have actually used the oven… But only for clay, if it hadn’t been for that I doubt I would have used it at all.

For example, I tried to use a peeler to peel a cucumber today. I failed miserably and didn’t figure out how to use it properly until I was almost done. Should’ve used a knife instead, they’re easier to handle…

And that is why my mom makes everything. The extent of my food skills is boiling water, making toast, using the microwave.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Depends of the place, honestly.

At the end of my street there’s a small restaurant (more like an eatery) frequented mostly by drivers. They have 3 different dishes per day, and for the US equivalent of 5 dollars, you get:

A fresh bread bun, a small bowl of salad (Usually tomato with onion and herbs) and a small soda bottle (brand soda, not that toxic store brand)

And the day’s dishes tend to be:  
-Spaghetti with thick, home made meat sauce (the noddles are boiled while you wait)  
  • Kaiser steak (a thin steak wrapped in cheese, then wrapped with ham, then breaded and fried, 2 steaks per serving) with rice, mashed potatoes or fried potatoes.  
  • Beans with spaghetti, onion, pumpkin and spicy sausage cooked into a creamy stew.  
  • Fried fish with rice, mashed potatoes or fried potatoes  
  • A very hearty meat or chicken soup packed with potatoes, veggies, etc.

Plus a dessert, usually jello with sliced fruit (Usually apple, orange or banana)

All of this for 2,400 Chilean pesos, aka five dollars

How much can you eat in the US with five dollars, guys?
highwaybanana

I’m a horrible cook. I’m afraid of the oven. I’m also too lazy to cook.  
But as far as food goes, food is food. I may not like it all, but I’ll eat it anyways.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@QuasarNova

The big cookie, and I mean the base, was made with the salad cookies Crackets, chopped walnuts. We put it in the oven like 30 minutes and then put the base in the refrigerator like 3 or 4 hours.

c:
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
I LOVE breaded chicken!  
full  
Chicken Kiev.

full  
Sweet and Sour Pork.

Pasta, any sort of dumplings depending on the fillings, Durian, Piroski, instant ramen, anything that is sweet or savory.

Beef Noodle Soup  
full

Jjajangmyun  
full

Pajeon (Korean Pancake)  
full
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@SeraphimDawn  
When I made aloo matar the other day, I served it with basmati rice that I had thoroughly aromatized with ginger root, cilantro, cloves and rose water among other things.

Chickpeas are incredible. I often make falafel or hummus, the latter goes very well with tortilla wraps.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Once you try Indian curry. You’ll never go back to that sorry rip-off, known as “Japanese curry”. No offense to the Japanese, but it should be a crime to call anything that lacks the essential aroma and taste of cumin, curry.  
Speaking of Japanese, raw fish isn’t that bad nor scary. I like it.

Pickled jellyfish go well with salads.  
full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide