Cooking thread

Generals » Cooking thread Search Posts
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Talk about what you like to eat or show what you’ve made. Are you allergic to anything, Do you eat kosher/halal, etc.

I’m a vegan. I was a vegetarian before that. Here’s some of my cooking:

falafel burgers and chai with coconut milk  
full

flambéed stir-fry  
full

baklava  
full

seitan  
full

sautéed “tricolore” themed dish  
full

aloo matar  
full
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
@QueenCold  
I have to ask my mom to try making this.

How do you yourself usually make it? cuz I like the way it looks!

Also this thread is making me so hungry right now
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

@Number1pegasus  
There are really too many ways to make seitan to describe, and it really depends on what you want to make in the end. I’m assuming you live in the US, so this would be the easiest standard recipe:  
Bob’s Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten Recipe  
You can buy the gluten online or at most Whole Foods markets.

Here’s a few examples of things you can make:  
coconut crusted seitan  
seitan baked in sweet and sour orange sauce  
peppered steaks

Edit: I often add miso bouillon to the broth to give it an even more savory flavor.
Twisty

@QueenCold

oh my sweet goodness

@QueenCold

normally what i eat tends to be pretty simple, im pretty much easily satisfied with meatballs or cow tongue or a good steak or when feeling lazy i order chinese food and friend chicken (yeah im not exactly the healthiest person ever)

also

full

what is that thing? if i didint know any better i would think it was a bong.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@twistedmetalero  
I love cooking, though there are times even I get lazy. On those days I tend to make wraps or homemade pizzas. Most of the foods I eat are either Asian or Mediterranean inspired, followed by Italian and Mexican dishes. I tend to cook more Dutch foods when the days get colder.
Twisty

@QueenCold

the most i can cook is a sandwhich, breakfast food and rice.

i can cook cereal…

and my mom is pretty much in the same.

it seems the only one that can properly cook is my father, atleast in his side of the family, when we have family reunions he makes some goddamn awesome dishes, i specially love his mashed poatotes.

but me? fried chicken, panzeroti, pizza and chinese food for lunch.

also…sorry i cant think of cooking without this gif

full
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@twistedmetalero  
I experiment a lot with flavors. It’s fun. I really like Indian and Indonesian cuisine, but I can also make a mean burrito, minty couscous, a decent variety of tapas and everybody loves my split pea soup.
Twisty

@QueenCold

well, maybe one day i can learn how to make actual mexican food, i always wanted to eat a burrito and a taco, but it seems thereis barely any mexican food restaurant in my town so might as well do them myself.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@twistedmetalero  
I’d recommend doing it yourself anyway. A lot of “Mexican” restaurants in the US serve rancid, watered down, overly greasy excuses for Mexican foods that don’t taste one bit the way it should, catering to people who have no idea what authentic dishes taste like and are seemingly satisfied with anything so long as it contains plenty of saturated fat and salt…
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
full  
Lentils with rice, grounded meat, onion, red pepper, garlic and fried potatoes.

It’s weird, I know. But so tasty and warming, ideal to eat on cold days like today.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
I enjoy making Swedish Meatballs.

I usually serve the over potatoes and am looking for something else to serve them over.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Whatevs  
Here meatballs are often served with gravy and “stamppot”, which is basically potatoes and vegetables mixed and mashed together, with or without spices.  
Popular stamppot variations are:  
-carrot and onion  
-onion and apple  
-spinach  
-cabbage  
-sauerkraut  
-andive
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@QueenCold  
Yep. This is a calorie bomb, but as I said, it’s a must have to deal with winter here.

If you want something different, I also cooked this:

full

Yes, that’s beef as well. With fresh vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, carrots, ginger, onion, cauliflower, mushrooms and peppers, which I grow myself.  
And lots of spices.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
The peppers, chili peppers and things like basil and oregano, I mean.  
My backyard isn’t THAT big. XD

But there are farms literally ten minutes away from my neighborhood, so we always have plenty of cheap, nice, fresh produce to cook.  
Food is absurdly cheap and abundant here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide