Cooking thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Thank you very much! ;-) It also tasted quite good. Was quite satisfied with it. But there is still some room for improvement and I will try different types of meat the next time. ;-D
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Brotzeit! ;-)
Literally translated bread time. Called Jause in Austria and Marende in South Tyrol. It’s a meal or snack consisting of bread, cold cuts, cheese etc - usually between breakfast and lunch or like in my case in the evening.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
So far, so good. If you understand the following picture, then you are either A.) German or B.) familiar with German customs. Because we Germans love “our” Bud Spencer & Terrance Hill movies (Italian Spagetthi Westerns).
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
A spicy miso soup, a piece of fish breaded with grains, some brown rice, 3 homemade spring rolls and just lots of vegetables! The miso soup and the vegetables have almost no calories, the brown rice provides the necessary carbs, the fish and the tofu pieces are great protein suppliers. Green tea for digestion and metabolism stimulation.
Well, I should mention, I usually only eat 2x times a day. Breakfast and dinner. At noon just a little finger food, a yogurt or a handful of nuts. And above all: lots and LOTS of water! ;-)
Sorry, pale! I had missed your question. (^ _ ^)! So sorry. No, Gorgonzola cheese I had not used. Or as we Germans say “Blauschimmelkäse”. But you give me an idea for next time. Whereas most Blue Cheese varieties that I know (by the way, fit very well for a cheese plate for wine tasting), are relatively strong and flavorful. It would probably go more with a pasta dish. But I’ll come up with something on the subject when I get a chance. Thanks for the inspiration. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Since I have dismantled my kitchen at the moment, I can only cook little or rather nothing special. But I hope that I can make beautiful pictures of delicious food again in my new apartment. I’m already watching a lot of videos on YouTube about things that even I can cook without it looking like everything is just extremely burnt or rotten afterwards. ;-D
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I wouldn’t mind trying out Obsidian’s food.
I’m trying to figure out what’s a good food-grade emulsifier. Not for baking…well yeah, baking, but not pastry baking; I’m talking more like meat. You see, I’m trying to come up with an emulsion that can be injected into poultry breast meat. I want to inject both broth and oil into the breast meat at the same time. Something that will both moisten and tenderize the meat.
Breast meat is known for being dry and bland and because it goes deep inside the bird, it can be tough to penetrate through regular brining alone, so it has to be injected in order to really get anything in there.
I know milk, yogurt or buttermilk can make a good brine for tenderizing chicken breast, but that’s for filleted breast meat; I want something that can tenderize breast meat in a whole bird roast.
I’m thinking turkey broth mixed with buttermilk and spices (mainly poultry seasoning powder), let it sit overnight for the liquid to take in the seasoning flavor before filtering out the solids (remember, this is to be injected; injectors can’t take solid bits) and then mix with oil along with an emulsifier to combine everything together without the oils separating.
I have little knowledge about food-grade emulsifiers so if anyone knows anything about them, I’d be grateful.
Posted Report
Toyminator900
Total knockout - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sitе Mexican
My mom went to Italy not long ago
And said the lasagna there tastes the same there as the one that we do v:
No wonder the lasagna we make is my favorite meal, it’s just like the real thing
Posted Report
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

My favorite chili recipe from a little Marlboro cookbook dated 1979. They call it Cyclone Chili.
1/3 cup lard or oil
4 lbs beef chuck cut into 1/2 cubes
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup canned, drained, and rinsed cactus pieces (nopalitos)
12 serrano chilis, seeded and chopped (I usually add about 4 or substitute 4 jalopenos)
3 cups chopped fresh tomatillos (about 10)
6 oz tomato paste
3 cups beef broth
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
5 teaspoons ground cumin
salt and pepper
Heat the lard/oil until very hot in a big heavy pot. A dutch oven is ideal. Brown the meat a pound at a time and set aside. Cook the onion and garlic in the pot until soft. Return the meat to the pot. Add everything else, cover, and simmer about 2 1/2 hours.
Posted Report
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@kleptomage
That sounds delicious.
Our family recipe for chili is slightly different. We use:
-About 2 to 4 pounds of ground turkey
-2 of 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil on the pan
-A clove of garlic
-One small yellow onion (half if it’s a larger sized one)
-A dash of salt, black pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, thyme, and ground ginger
-About a cup of beef broth
-Two tablespoons of honey BBQ sauce
-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
-1 can of red kidney beans
-1 teaspoon of flour (to thicken the gravy)
-Half of a sweet green pepper (optional)
It can be put into burritos or tacos but we usually have it with rice.
Posted Report
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@mjangelvortex
Nothing wrong with turkey chili. Occasionally I make turkey chili from a recipe I found in an Instant Pot cookbook with salsa verde and pinto beans. It’s quicker and easier than traditional chili and tastes great.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
I made tater tots and peanut-butter crackers for dinner tonight. (no real meals until our groceries get delivered tomorrow night, at least I still have eggs, cheese and English muffins for breakfast sandwiches)
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

I’m thinking about just buying a big ass piece of meat and letting it boil overnight until the meat falls off the bones, I’ve never cooked anything before.
Probably good idea to bump this thread since there’s holidays coming up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide