Cooking thread

kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I made birria tacos. It was a long and complicated recipe. First I made an adobo sauce of dried chiles, onion, garlic, ginger, and spices, then marinated a beef roast in it overnight, then baked it in a dutch oven for four hours, let it cool, shredded the meat, mixed the meat with some of the broth, dipped tortillas in the broth, and cooked them in an oiled skillet with a scoop of meat on top. Once the bottoms were crisp, I folded the tortillas and the tacos were finally done.

It wasn’t easy, but the results are delicious.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here. Got a brand new set of dietary restrictions, too. Since December, actually. Turns out it’s not normal for people’s bones to hurt all the time and gluten can do that to you.  
This is by far my most hated food restriction. I love wheat more than anything else I’ve had to give up and it’s in everything. I’ve been having to be very creative and cook even more ethnic food. It’s fine by me, I like spice.

I found out my husband isn’t a big fan of African cuisine. North, West, East, Sub-saharan, doesn’t matter. Something about the spice combinations puts him off. Shame, I love the stuff. I made doro wat with authentic teff injera last night. I used pure teff flour and made my own starter four days prior. The flavor was rich. Unfortunately, the mister wasn’t a fan of this either. So I’m using the rest of the teff flour to bake peanut butter cookies. Simple, quick and quite delicious.

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide