Cooking thread

pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

My mom is still getting over her recent surgery so I’ve been doing most of the cooking lately. Right now I can’t stop eating these honey BBQ wings I made.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I finally learned how to make cheddar cheese crisps. They work surprisingly well with lemon juice and salmon. It cuts through all that fat/thick flavor with a strong but quick tang, leaving no aftertaste.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@mjangelvortex  
Honestly, I just mixed some cheddar with gouda and parmesan, added some pepper (or in my case, freshly ground peppercorns) and grilled it on a pan at steady medium heat with a few drops of oil. I moved it around a bit with my hands, just to spread it better and thinner but without leaving any holes. At that point, it’s all about the waiting game.

They’re easy to make but for something so simple, it takes time. You don’t want to use high heat since you want it to melt first and give a nice smooth surface. So just let it melt for a bit and form a crust, flip it to do the same, and once the crust is smooth and without wrinkles, grill it at higher heats to give it a nice char. I also added a few drops of lemon juice. Once it’s done, I removed it and left it to cool. It should harden completely once cooled.

I did experiment a bit by adding anise seeds, but since I couldn’t compare, I’m not exactly sure if it had much impact.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@QueenCold  
@mjangelvortex  
@Selaphiel  
Thanks. She’ll be fine. I can see little improvements every day. The day she came back from the hospital she needed help getting up and walking around. Now she’s more physically independent. Still needs help with carrying stuff and she can’t bend over to pick anything up but that’s a lot better than seeing her in constant pain.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’ll be making hamantaschen for Purim, but haven’t decided on the filling yet. I’ll probably have to see what produce looks good.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I practically made baby food to replace my unhealthy snacks but I messed up by making it too tasty so I’m overeating. It’s still a lot healthier than what I’d normally have.

Recipe is 2 lbs peeled and cored bosc pears, 10 oz frozen organic blueberries, 2 peeled and sliced purple carrots, 1/3 cup zero calorie sweetener (sucralose) and an amount of lemon juice I didn’t measure, so to taste I guess; slowcooked until soft, then pureed in a blender and left to sit in the fridge overnight. It’s more purplish in color than the pics show.

full  
full  
full

You can leave out the sweetener and a baby will eat it just fine.

Edit: I had to add some water part way through the slow cooking process. I cooked it on low for about 5 hours and mashed it with masher before pureeing it in the blender.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide