2 eggs  
2 teaspoons salt  
2 teaspoons baking soda

–  
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour  
12 ounces [ingredient that determines the type of cookie]

Directions:  
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Beat the italicized ingredients in an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon, until they are well-blended. (When you add the shortening, it will be greasy, so when you wash it off, coat the messy object with some flour, and wash it off with water)

Mix in the flour until it looks like cookie dough.

Mix in the final ingredient until it is well-blended. (This is easy to do by hand)

Break the dough into balls and place them on cookie trays. Be sure to somewhat space them apart.

Place then in the oven. If they are 1.5-2 inch diameter balls, cook them for 10-12 minutes; if they are 2.5-3 inch diameter balls, I normally cook them for about 25 minutes. (You can use a metal fork or a toothpick to test for completion; prod the cookie, and if a lot of batter is left on the tool, they are probably not done)

Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool somewhat. If you have a cooling tray, when the cookies start to harden, place them on it so that they can cool faster.

Done! (You can refrigerate them)

I am not responsible for demon attacks that will occur after this summoning ritual
Background Pony #A3D0
I just found my missing (unofficial) Harry Potter Cookbook while looking for … something else.

mmm pumpkin pasties…
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I’m turning full-European! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

By that, I mean my favorite breakfast dish now is some grilled wurst with potato-cheese gratin.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Chard is an underrated vegetable. I’ll tell you how I like to cook it. I saute a couple chopped slices of bacon in olive oil until they begin to turn crisp, then add some minced garlic and cook it only until fragrant. Then I add chopped chard (kale is fine too) and stir it up to keep the garlic from burning. Then I add about a half cup of water, some chicken bouillon, and a couple pinches of red pepper flakes. I put a lid on the pot, lower the heat, and let it cook about 15 minutes. Add some salt and pepper and you have a tasty side dish.
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Scrabbleman  
From what I’ve heard from you in other threads, you’re Muslim, right? If you’re avoiding pork for religious (or health) reasons, not to worry. There’s lots of other types of bacon made without pork including:

1. Beef bacon  
  2. Chicken bacon  
  3. Turkey bacon (My personal favorite and the only bacon I cook with at home.)  
  4. Soy bacon (If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you can still enjoy bacon.)
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
When people put oil in boiling water while cooking pasta, most assume it’s to avoid the pasta from sticking which is partially true.

However, the actual reason is not that at all. If your pasta is not completely dry, it won’t stick with each other. The actual reason for putting oil in pasta water is to mitigate bubbles. If you’re like me who cook a lot of pasta, you would know that lots of pasta water plus high heat equals boiling bubbling mess. Putting oil prevents the bubbles from forming, which is useful in the event that you’re multi-tasking like me.

I always boil my pasta first before anything else. Putting oil keeps me from making a mess and let’s me prepare the other ingredients as the pasta cooks.
QueenCold
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
I always add a little oil too. It helps.

Also, when I cook chicken I sprinkle salt over the oil before adding the chicken. This prevents that violent splashing or at least mitigates it depending on the ratio.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Today I discovered that an open bag of frozen duchess potatoes turns into a soggy mess if you put it back into the freezer.
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
I was sick last week and I had lots of different types soup but my favorite would definately be my dad’s homemade chicken soup. I need to get his recipe. Mine tastes good but not nearly as good as his.
Death2
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
The first time I made pizza, I put on way too much sauce, so it got all drippy even after cooking it in the oven.

Second time, I used less, and it came out MUCH better!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide