Cartoon/Western Animation General

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@phoenixacezero
He pretty much wanted to test human’s willpower and had a God complex believing he had the right to judge not just the players but all humanity.
Sounds familiar. Like a few people I know…
well, he did make the game beatable and allowed them the freedom to not dungeon crawl, just hard. That’s a +1 even if he didn’t care for lives lost.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s never stated why Kayaba did the deathgame stunt. When asked after he’s beaten, he says he forgot why in the 2 or so years they’ve been trapped in the game.
Context clues point to him wanting to play God with a mix of him wanting to have a true isekai experience, but we never really find out for sure.
He admits at the end that the end it doesn’t matter anyway. No excuse will make up for the kidnappings and deaths so congrats on victory instead.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I just finished watching episode 12 of The Owl House. Here are some general musings from a first timer.
I like that the show uses terms not found in other shows. Like how episode 1 mentions anime or how in the book episode they mention shipping. It makes the world they’re trying to create that much believable. I can’t recall many western cartoons mentioning shipping before.
I go back and forth on if my favorite character is Amity or Eda. I love Amity and characters like her, but God do I love Eda. She has the perfect mix of serious and comedic moments. I remember back in the day I used to watch Hot in Cleveland which Wendie Malick used to be one of the stars of and I used to be mesmerize by her voice and how she can time it to perfectly deliver the punchline. They really used the character of Eda to play to her strengths. She is just sensational in this show. I can’t imagine Eda being voiced by anyone other than her.
As a sidebar, I didn’t realize until reading on Wikipedia just now that King and Hooty are voiced by the same person. That is talent right there.
One last thing I want to mention is that I’m starting to like Willow and Gus more. I at first wasn’t the biggest fan of them because I didn’t think they did a good job explaining why they are friends with Luz. However, I really liked the episode where Gus brings Luz to school to try and cement his leadership. I thought that was a nice bit of characterization. Him and Willow aren’t bad or anything, and they have some funny lines of dialogue, but so do almost all the characters. I just feel they’re a bit underdeveloped. I hope eventually the show sheds some insight as to how they became the way they did.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Welp, this confirms it. Aaron Ehasz and Justin Richmond have no idea what they’re doing.

Am I the only one who is so damn tired of forced relationship drama on TV shows? I really shouldn’t be this invested in the romantic exploits of fictional characters, but there was a direction I was seriously hoping they weren’t going to take Rayla and Callum, and they basically all but confirmed that that’s the exact direction they’re going with it.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m now up to episode 17 of The Owl House. And man, is it better than ever.
Starting with Luz’s first day of school, each episode is magnificent for one reason or another. From episode 13 to episode 17, 3 of those four episodes I’d say are my favorite of the series thus far. Episode 13 is phenomenal because it kinda sets the tone for the second half of the first season, and is probably my second favorite episode, episode 14 is great because it really shows how much Luz means to King, which is probably my favorite King plot in an episode so far, episode 15 is great because it delves into Willow and Amity’s past friendship, which is something I’ve been clamoring for, and to top it off it does so while giving some backstory on Amity’s childhood. But none of these episodes are as good as episode 16.
This was the episode I’ve been looking forward to. I started this series because of all the hype I heard involving this episode. And man, does it deliver. I am truly impressed with the way they handled Amity’s character. She feels like a real person in many different ways. Seeing what they do with her and what they accomplish with her given up to this point she’s only in like 6 or 7 episodes is truly amazing. I love this type of storytelling.
I think looking at it as a whole they truly decided what direction to go with Amity by episode 12. That felt like the time when she truly gets focused on more. I mean, in episode 13 we literally see her talking to herself about someone going to the same school as her not changing anything. They knew what they were doing. I am so glad that Amity is featured a lot in this show, because she’s in my top two favorite characters in Owl House.
As I type this, it is 4:15 in the morning. I’ve watched 6 episodes in the span of one night, mostly because I wanted to watch episode 16. The first 12 episodes of Owl House are good, but man does the second half kick all kinds of ass. It has been outstanding. If the show can manage to continue this momentum, I could see myself liking it even more than Princesses of Power. It is that good.
Not coincidental that Hooty given more screentime has led to an uptick in quality.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@TheHappySpaceman
The Dragon Prince should’ve went the Brooklyn Nine Nine route of the problems coming from their surroundings rather than the relationship itself, while also dealing with the minefield that comes with dating someone. I’m gonna stand by that belief.
I absolutely agree.
As cliched as it would have been for Rayla and Callum to deal with either elves or humans disliking their interracial (interspecies? I’m not sure what to call it when it’s elves and humans) relationship, it would have been an improvement for them to stick together and stand by each other no matter what happened.
We don’t need a slowburn romance buildup. We already have that in other shows. I thought TDP was better than this.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!

The teaser trailer for Pixar’s Elemental has released, and it looks like idt will be a really interesting movie as well as unique from most Pixar films.
Although am I the only one that feels this looks more like a short as suppose to a full length movie?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide