Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Cyborg_pony
Okay, now you’re just messing with us. Care Bears? Seriously? Who the crap was out there like, “OMG Care Bears was so awesome before the libs got a hold of it”?
Do you have strong opinions on Precious Moments too?
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@ichiban iceychan 1517
Not every has to be a reboot to be bad. Just be bad because the people in charge aren’t good - And if Western media didn’t call me terrible for not liking it as evidence of this thread there would be much ire at all. I just don’t mindlessly consoom.
Do that, and eventually you get stuff like the “You’ll watch it, so why should we try?” with hand-holding plots and big flashing lights and noises. The McDonlad’s of entertainment with sprinkles of this or that, so the good little drones will buzz around with the tired old clichés that have played out for a decade now because they’re groomed to react not think.
“you don’t even have to think about it dude.” Because thinking can be dangerous - and put them in the same crosshairs. I’ve seen it enough times I already know the route. You’re a bigot. You can’t judge it without seeing it. you didn’t watch all of it SILENCE New thing of old thing You’re a bigot.
Vortaxonus

@Cyborg_pony
Yet, at least in the vaccum of the reboot post thing, it’s not a great sign at all that you made a list of failed reboots, and a good chunk of them aren’t even reboots. I’ll let the live action Mulan slide, but you probably should be more specific on ghostbusters and thundercats, as they have two reboots each.
Cyborg_pony

@Vortaxonus
People know what I mean when I said those. I even threw some in there knowing they’d nibble on that bait- and four morons that bumble through a 2 hour slog is a bit too long a phrase. Even something as innocuous, someone would find a slur to spout as you.
And the big point was things you’re not allowed to dislike. After a decade or so of this. How could anyone not be jaded to Hell n’ back - and then back to Hell again? What do people expect people to be like? “Oh boy! I can’t wait for them to ram it up there and give is a hard, dry twist! It’s feels so good after the 20th time!”
Nah.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I mean, isn’t a lot Star Wars content still getting rave reception by both fans and critics? Even disregarding Rise of Skywalker being a shit movie(that still made tons of money), things like Bad Batch, The Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order are pretty damn well loved right now.
Also lol @the Captain Marvel mention. iirc, that movie made over a billion dollars despite certain people frothing at the mouth over it
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Also lol @the Captain Marvel mention. iirc, that movie made over a billion dollars despite certain people frothing at the mouth over it
If not for Brie Larson saying the D-word (D, this vitriol would have never happened regardless of the movie being good or bad and then Kevin Tsujihara wouldn’t have been MeToo’d by someone getting sick of women getting ridiculed over “woke” content.
Cyborg_pony

I pretty much always know it’s going to suck when it’s not out yet and people throw the same-old 3rd-grede level Reponses like they’re king of the circle.
NO! Don’t call me a doodyhead! I can’t take it!
ElderD

While it’s possible for a film or cartoon to be progressive and good. Fleshing out the story and characters has to come first.
Just being progressive or woke, does not automatically make it good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide