Cartoon/Western Animation General

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@TheHappySpaceman
But animation fans these days are ungrateful and snobby. Especially with new content from.
They can’t appreciate anything anymore. A different take by a creator, it’s bad. When something is similar to another show, it’s a ripoff. When it has romance, (unless it has LGBT) it ruins the show. When it goes too long, it needs to end. Omg.
Not to mention they got the virus of “bullying human beings is ok” from toxic SW, TLOU and GOT fans when someone doesn’t do good on an adaptation.
And if you want to cancel me, don’t. Let me live my goddamn life!
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So, I haven’t seen the trailer, Lightyear is not about real-life fictional astronaut that inspires the in-universe toy?
But basically a different take on the central concept of the animated series?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Penguin Dragneel
Of course. That’s all he ever does.
There are people who take their hate too far, sure. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that you can also take your love for something too far by not letting people dislike or criticize it.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Cyborg_pony
The trailer doesn’t even try to hide it’s cringe this time.
It looks exactly like the last one. All the battles look like they take place in the same episode. They Bait n’ Switched once, what reason do they have to give of not doing it again? None, they know it and they’re desperate to defend it. If the show was good, they’d whine saying “It sets female characters back 100 years!!” or whatever limp excuse it took hours to muster.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony
I don’t know why I’m bothering to spoiler this, but that voice at The end is supposed to imply Orko comes back to life? so it sounds like the show resets to where it started. Except Teela knows Adam is He-man and he and Skeletor have new forms to sell more toys. Oh boy more He-man and Skeletor. Actually I do legit want all the toys for the cgi show.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dex Stewart
Too little too late. You can’t bitch slap someone, spit in their face and then just except them to come back. It was obvious they’d bring him back, it was the way he was treated that’s the problem.
He was made to be a massive screw up and written by superfans you’d think they’d know that Orko was descendant from a powerful race and they had to nerf him for the show. In stead, it was like watching a kid dying of cancer only to get hit by a bus By an enemy that stunning and brave Teela whose only fear was being too badass just stood there with her thumb in her ass.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony
I don’t care one way or the other about Orko’s fate in Revelation, it just seems like the people behind the show have a hard time committing to an idea.
Unrelated, I happened across this and thought it was funny.

Look at the racoon to the far right.
Some of the animators had a lot of fun with this.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

CHS, Class of 20XX
@WyrmSpawN
I’ve been trying to figure this out for some time. The messaging around this trailer has been… confused. At best.
Near as I can tell, it’s supposed to be a “live-action” movie within the Toy Story universe. So “Buzz Lightyear” is still a fictional character; he’s not some real guy in-universe, off fighting space battles while Andy’s fucking around with toys or pizzas or whatever. But he’s played by a “real” guy, who could show up in Toy Story XLVII as an old, washed-up actor. (Of course, the toy looks and sounds nothing like him. Maybe they had trouble getting the likeness rights.) And the other characters are played by “real” people, which is why there are so many humans in the movie. Very few space aliens with SAG membership.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste
Hey kids, you wanna watch
Or do you wanna watch
Not saying one is better than the other,it’s just an odd choice to take this route when they have a previously established IP that’s proven to be successful. But it is Disney and Buzz Lightyear was a cartoon tv series so they’ll try their best to make sure it stays obscure.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide