Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dex Stewart
HULK SMASH PUNY BONE MAN!
Apparently Le Musclor Sauvage is based on the nigh-mythic “Wonder Bread He-Man” toy from 1983, so called because it was long believed to be part of a cross-promotion between Wonder Bread and Mattel. (This was later shown to be incorrect.) But that toy was later turned into an actual character, “Wun-Dar”, who also appears in MOTU: Revelation.
That’s double-dipping. He’s double-dipping.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dex Stewart
Ehh i mean having Adam transform into a mindless brute as some kind of consequence of his self doubt over his approach of using his power to enact clever but non lethal means of victory could be interesting, could do a whole what’s so funny about truth justice and the American way thing by pointing out that being the big dumb brutish asshole people like Cyborg think he was supposed to be would have made things worse so the real adam needs to come back, there is plenty of potential there,
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Katey Sagal, the VA of Leela from Futurama was struck by a car today.
She’s alive and, as far as I know, in good condition.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony
I honestly hope they make her less bitchy, at least.
Seriously, she was still nasty to Adam in afterlife land, after he sacrificed himself, which really didn’t make her look good. Some would argue it’s just a “character flaw,” (to keep her from being a “Sue”) but not a well executed one, and she never grows, or learns, nor gets better.
Only thing I like about the series is the art/animation. The rest of the series is kinda ehhh…
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
I can’t believe most people who worked on past Disney TVA shows moved to Netflix. It’s like they wanna screw with my crossover AU (if it becomes real in another universe) just because they jump ship to another company after working on that company.
I understand, they have their reasons and change happens. But still. It’s like being forced to hire crews who don’t understand the shows that ex-DTVA members do. (Similar to what MLP did post-Season 3)
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky
I liked Scare Glow and that was it.
The cgi cartoon is pretty good. It’s an even bigger departure than even Netflix She-ra was, but that makes it stand out as its own unique entity. Maybe current installments should focus more on being their own thing, instead of trying to continue a previous series the people in charge don’t even like.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@Background Pony #4CF4
Yep. Most people who previously worked for Disney moved to Netflix.
Such as Rob Renzetti, Frank Angones, Amy Higgins, Todd Casey, Sabrina Cotugno, Daron Nefcy, Alex Hirsch, Shion Takeuchi, Jed Elinoff, Scott Thomas, Colleen Evanson. Yea, that’s it.
We all know that Hirsch and Takeuchi went to Netflix. But the reveal that Higgins, Evanson and Angones moved to Netflix was from Kid Cosmic. Nefcy worked on an Andra Day music video for We The People and Cotugno’s Twitter account bio was changed from Disney to Netflix.
In case you ask what’s the problem, it comes to crew change, which lead to problems in longrunning shows since new crew members that the veterans don’t know, do not seem to understand what made the past seasons work. But the real problem is that, it just messes with my imaginary Disney crossover AU when it comes to crew involvement.
At least in anime, most animators and writers are freelance.
Background Pony #005D
@Hollowfox Jaeger
Ehh, i wouldn’t think too much about it.
Before you tell me, i’m aware that MLP had problems too, but the thing is, it’s up to the viewer, really.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Beau Skunky
Damage is already done. The show died a few days after release. No one’s coming back like the what happened with the :ast Mary Sue to the Ruse of Palpatine. Not to mention the numerous lies and attacks levied by the showrunners. For being a “love letter” to the fans of the classic 80’s show, there sure was a lot of spitting in their faces and essentially at lot screaming “We hate you. The world hates you. This show was never for you!” that went on.
It’ll probably go just like I predicted and the ones that are so far up their own asses can’t admit to being wrong, so they’ll double down as I except. To put it another way
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony
There were a lot of people who seemed to like it. The problem was that most people who liked it were like, “It was okay, I’m not a fan though.”
So the overall opinion is “meh”.
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart
That still didn’t translate well, since like I mentioned, it fell off the top 10 with a week if not less. A”Meh” show about something that was hyped to be this great epic conclusion isn’t good. Plus, that Livestream Smith did after the premier where he locked the comment speak volumes.
Cyborg_pony

@Dex Stewart
Yes he did. You could see the chat scroll by and then… BAM! blank. The comment section went SCORCHED EARTH! on him which was very much deserved as the entire thing was just a fart sniff about how great he was for turning a strong character into a whiney teenager who isn’t mature enough to handle that which she believed she’s entitled to.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide