Cartoon/Western Animation General

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@WyrmSpawN  
Copyright isn’t always simple, you can own the movie rights to superman but not be allowed to even reference Louis Lane or Lex Luthor if the contract for those rights is written that way,
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Thanotos Omega  
Yep. You see it with the TV series Hannibal and Clarice. One company got the rights to Red Dragon, another got the rights to The Silence of the Lambs. So one show can use Hannibal Lecter and Jack Crawford, the other can use Clarice Starling and Buffalo Bill, and never the twain shall meet.

Or look at the weird handling of Quicksilver in the X-Men movies and MCU before Disney bought Fox.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
He-man and She-ra’s copyright issues apparently started when the movie rights to He-man were given to Sony. They’ve been dragging their feet so long you’d think the rights would go back and we could have them together again. Then again,maybe it’s for the best at the moment.  
In the future I wouldn’t mind seeing DreamWorks Adora meet her long lost brother,I’d be interested to see their interpretation of him.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Don’t  
I don’t know. I feel like that’s just another attempt at trolling since Korra is not well-liked outside Tumblr and Twitter which seem to like this show for the same reasons as Korra. Guess what That is!

Funny enough, the creators actually admit Korra is based off Gina Carano and twitter hates her. So by their logic that if you hate Teela/Korra you hate women, and since they love Teela/Korra, that means they also love Gina Carano, whom they hate. Their logic not mine.

@WyrmSpawN  
It doesn’t.

@Dex Stewart  
Gremlins came out in 1884.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

CHS, Class of 20XX
So I watched the He-Man thing. Five episodes, half-hour each, easy binge. I gotta say, I thought it was fun.

Now, full disclosure, my prior MOTU experience is limited to 4 Non Blondes and Beast-Man AIDS, so I’m not going in with any huge nostalgia-driven expectations. But they got me to care about a bunch of ridiculous-looking action figures, so they must have done something right. Plenty of action. Plenty of adventure. Just enough ‘80s cheese in the flashbacks to emphasize the contrast with the grimdark present. Just enough exposition to keep noobs like myself apprised of the mythos. And they got Dennis Haysbert as Grayskull, which is an automatic 50 bonus points. That man’s voice is like buttah.

Not to say it was perfect. Mark Hamill’s Skeletor is a bit too much like Mark Hamill’s Joker. He’s a fine VA, but for this role I think he needed to be stronger, more intimidating. Just wasn’t feeling it. And the characters never really seemed to cotton to the whole “if we don’t reforge the Sword of Power, EVERYTHING DIES” plot point. Now this happens all the time in stories with WORLD-SHATTERING COSMIC STAKES, but it’s still annoying. I know you want your subplots and your drama, but… priorities, people.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Think I still prefer my buff lesbian Princess and her bi-polar catgirl girlfriend.

But I didn’t dislike the new He Man.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide