Cartoon/Western Animation General

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Looks at the He-Man posts because I’m mostly ignorant to action cartoons

Wait, Kevin Smith is in charge of the current He-Man incarnation? The same Kevin Smith that created Jay & Silent Bob? I’m completely out of the loop here. What the heck is he doing with the He-Man franchise and how did he end up doing so?
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I don’t think all the backlash for the new He-Man cartoon is entirely because people think it’s bad. I think it’s because it pulled a bait and switch on the audience. Then again, I don’t think pulling a bait and switch is necessarily bad. It’s all in how it’s executed. The movie Psycho pulled a bait and switch by having the main character die within the first hour, and that movie is heralded as a classic.
TheDog
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Howdy 4 All
With this, Kevin Smith has proven he has no integrity. He’ll say anything if it helps his career, claiming he’s a superfan of He-Man now, when before he stated he only watched it out of spite and hated it.

I’m certain that if he was given a job working on something Lord of the Rings-related, he’ll say he’s a mega-LotR nerd who read the books religiously as a kid while sincerely hoping everyone forgets the scene in Clerks 2 where he has Randall Graves mouthpiece his hatred of the series to a strawman- I mean “fan”- until the guy throws up.

He’s also a 50-year-old man who still wears sports jerseys and his hat backwards. He has become this in real life:

full
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheDog  
I’ve heard people say that fans shouldn’t write for things they’re fans of.  
full  
The last He-man show turned out pretty good with fans at the helm. Evan She-ra obviously had fans behind the scenes. Revelation probably has animators who were stoked to work on a MotU show,but otherwise, I can’t imagine fans doing the things they did.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Holofan4life  
He is? From what I remember, didn’t someone post here that he didn’t follow He-Man that much?

@TheDog  
I remember that scene from Clerks 2. To be fair, I could never get into the LotR series as well.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Holofan4life  
And because of how he’s been acting, it’s swiftly becoming he never was a fan of anything if it didn’t get him something. He had a livestream recently where he actually said; the same guy that this was “For the fan” that the fans didn’t matter to him and what did was people paying him.

@Dex Stewart  
Some genius using every current Hollywood trope that it’s a meme at this point. Not a shred of creativity.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m watching the second episode.  
Jay Mewes as Stinkor,eh. He’s a good voice actor,not sure if he was a right choice for this.  
Teela and Andra take a job from a suspicious old woman.  
full  
Tri-klops took over snake Mountain and created a cult of technology…alllllriiiight…
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t know if it’s Teela’s voice actor or just the context,but GOD I AM SICK OF HER. Stop talking. SHUT UP. I’m wondering if I’d prefer Marriner from Lower Decks here instead.  
Jeez I do not care what Teela and Andra are doing.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I feel bad for Andra. It’s not her fault she’s stuck in this crap.  
I can’t take Teela seriously with that dumbass hair.  
Teela’s still a whiny little shit. “What were we fighting for?”  
Oh,yeah…Grayskull isn’t real…god this is stupid.  
Holy crap the old woman was Evil Lyn Icantbelieveit
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Cringer suddenly doesn’t stutter.  
Evil Lyn explains Eternia losing it’s magic, this might be interesting if it wasn’t this show.  
Teela needs to get the sword of power herself? Why? This Teela sucks. Grayskull must’ve pissed in her Revelation cereal.  
full  
Pretty speech,Cringer. Doesn’t save the show. Teela was scared? Kinda weak explanation.  
Oh look who’s back.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Aaaahhhhhh it’s so bad!  
Merman’s voice! They really just gave up there.  
The whole third episode just made me think of that MST3K quote,“I think they forgot things are suppose to happen in movies. Come on,happen,occur!”
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Welp. I’m just gonna torture myself and watch the next two available episodes.  
MotU has had a good run in animation.  
The original, it’s spinoff She-ra,the mixed New Adventures,the boundary pushing 2002 series,the Netflix She-ra,and now this hot pile of garbage. Bad voice acting,bad plot,bad premises,bad everything except for occasionally nice animation.  
A badly animated show can be saved by good writing.  
full  
A badly written show can’t be saved by even the most amazing animation.  
I’m hoping sincerely future interpretations of MotU will take notes from Revelation, and try their best to avoid it’s mistakes.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’ve heard the term “character assassination” before,but now I truly understand what it means with Orko in episode 4 of Revelation.  
It’s actually remarkable how absolutely wrong this show is.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Spoilers,I guess.  
oh, no Orko died. I totally feel so bad for this character who’s clearly not the character I grew up with but a new version only made to get killed.  
full
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Hashtag: Justice for Orko!

I’m not a huge He-Man nerd, but even I admit while the animation is great, it’s not a good reboot. It’s like a fanfic, where they kill the main hero and replace them and all the main characters with their one favorite main character.

So I definately understand the drama.

Also, I don’t always agree with Clownfish TV, but Kevin Smith definately owes them an apology for calling them liars, and such, when he lied. (Even Netflix is lying, advertising He-Man on the main image, and such. It’s why people are calling it a “bait and switch”)

Worse yet, Kevin Smith keeps adding to the fan drama, ans is actually arguing with fans online, and can’t accept/understand why fans are mad… Ugh…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide