Cartoon/Western Animation General

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Angrybrony  
It’s not a bad show. I watched like… the first four episodes I think and enjoyed it. I’d kinda worked out where it was going at that point though, and it’s a not particularly interesting entry in a very overstuffed genre. And as an attempted subversion of the genre with a less OP hero, it competes directly with the Alpha and Omega, Konosuba and Re-Zero.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel

It’s kinda telling what the implications are, that in S5 Episode 11 (Failsafe), when Shadow Weaver panicked (upon seeing someone in the room Catra was entering), and put her hand over Catra’s mouth from behind, and told her to keep her voice down, when they were all cloaked, Catra panicked, and angrily responded with “Don’t touch me!” while shoving her away and backing up, which Melog reflected by turning red, also directly resulting in the group having their cover blown, and her invisibility to break.

Being the type to be a practitioner of the Dark Side of the Force doesn’t lend itself well to stellar parenting, it would seem

…also I’ll note that Shadow Weaver was literally drunk after Adora called her out and outright told her they’d keep the power she desires away from her grasp, seeing as the goblet was coupled with her voice being kinda slurred.

(One wonders if there’d be a magic spell for purging alcohol from your system in that setting, and if she knew it, lol. [her voice wasn’t slurred by the time of her sacrifice, in any case])
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Cyborg_pony
No, it’s a good show, I’m just amused by you calling it ‘Morally complex’. If you had called it a nature documentary it would have been less risible.
Not every show needs massive psychological depth. Most shows don’t need psychological depth. I love Dragonball, Food Wars and Kengan Ashura, which proudly boast a surprisingly limited amount of whiny characters crying into the Weetabix over their childhood psychological trauma. As I’ve said before, not every show has to be Steven Universe. Sometimes I just don’t give a shit about your problems, I just want to see you cook a stew so awesome your opponent’s clothes explode and they imagine being molested by hundreds of tiny angels.
But I love Life is Strange, Steven Universe and yeah, She-Ra, because they present interesting, deep characters worthy of writing long rambling essays over. And though the satisfaction is no quite as instant and they can occasionally be mentally exhausting, such shows offer me a deep satisfaction that I’ve just not found anywhere else.
…Rising of the Shield Hero is in the first category in case you were wondering. And if that’s morally complex for you, I can see why you didn’t understand She-Ra.

Some just can’t quite grasp the complexity.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Hali the Emoji girl  
yeah, showing people having realistic fights over things is good, but Catra is actively and knowingly abusive to almost every girl she is around, which is a big difference from like normal somewhat toxic relationships most shows have anyway,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide