Cartoon/Western Animation General

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Hey,does anyone here have any thoughts on Father of the Pride? It’s a sitcom about lions and other zoo animals. Someone on DeviantArt I know is REALLY into the show. Apparently it was from the creators of Shrek. I read that it didn’t take off because it mainly attracted kids,and it’s most definitely not a kids show. I thought it was okay. Not the type of thing I’d watch on my own but it was unique. It reminded me a bit of Dinosaurs,but more sitcom-y.
Background Pony #7E58
I wish I didn’t watch episode 12 of The Owl House when it got released early a few months ago. Not only because it’s my favorite episode of the series so far, but also because after that half letdown that was episode 11, I have to wait two weeks for the next episode now.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So after finishing Battle for Bikini Bottom, I’ve been in the mood to revisit a lot of the classic SpongeBob episodes and it got me thinking about how the show managed to go so down hill unfortunately. Like pretty much anyone I love Seasons 1-3 and the first movie and dislike everything that came after that, I do have a soft spot for some episodes from later seasons as well as fond memories of when 4 and 5 came out cause obviously I was young and just wanted more SpongeBob in my life, but as I get older it’s starting to dawn on me why the modern seasons don’t hold a candle. I’ve come up with a few of my own personal reasons why I started to dislike the later seasons just to give you an idea of what it ment to me:

1. The portrayal of the characters has gotten really bad. Some characters are fine for the most part but a lot of what we loved about these characters started to get lost; Patrick is a lot more of a jerk then he was before as well as a glutton for that matter, Sandy adopting that scientist personality which feels out of place for me, Mr. Krabs being even more an asshole then before, Mrs. Puff practically being murderous towards her own student and Plankton just because his character worked better in small doses.  
  2. The writing has gotten lazy, the jokes just aren’t as funny or creative as they use to be and the focus on more visual jokes makes it less memorable because the dialogue is definitely one of the key components to making the show long lasting.  
  3. The animation has gotten better but I find the simplicity to be a lot more charming, it’s one of the main reasons I adore the older Disney movies rather then the current ones, that and there is less of the live action scenes which I always thought added personality to the show especially Patchy the Pirate episodes.  
  4. Most shows just can’t last for a long time, there are exceptions I’m willing to make like for the Simpsons and My Little Pony but once you run out of steam it just starts to become a drag, it’s no surprise Stephen Hillenburg wanted to end the show after season 3 and the first movie and the later seasons really reflect that.

Now I understand that SpongeBob is pretty much the one thing that’s keeping Nickelodeon alive at this point which is a shame cause I would love to have seen more original ideas or at least some on par with the classics like Ren & Stimpy, CatDog, Rugrats, My Life as a Teenage Robot and the original Fairly OddParents.
Background Pony #7E58
Oh great. Just what I needed, TheAVClub wrote a negative review for The Owl House filled of bullshit points (especially regarding Amity). Like of I hadn’t been throught enough of this crap…
Background Pony #7E58
@Vivace

Cynical professional reviewers that always have to be negative over something they always ruin everything. And looks like for The Owl House, my currently airing favorite show, is not exception. That’s frustrating…
Background Pony #7E58
@Vivace

It’s true. INITIALLY. But I feel like the reviewer went WAY too hard on it. Character development is part of the journey you know. If you criticize a character by pointing out how jerk it is initially, then you’re missing the point.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #7E58  
I think their point is that the show’s commitment to making her look like a jerk without rounding her out by showing little moments of her more positive traits early on makes the big moments where the show wants her to be considered sympathetic harder for them to take seriously and actually root for her. Maybe that’ll change when they see the next episode.
Background Pony #91A9
Make way, cobblers. I want to introduce to you to a true masterpiece of animation  
full  
I’m not even sixteen any more and I relate so hard to this show jesus christ.

(Apologies if the image doesn’t work…Derpi’s being really weird on my end and I see literally nothing sooo)

Also I have a huge fucking girlcrush on Caitlin and I don’t care who knows it. I’m pretty convinced she’s the reason I think Pinkie Pie is the best pony
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Vivace  
It’s actually a problem I have with a few shows. It’s kinda related to that ‘loser protagonist’ thing I mentioned with Rapunzel, a lot of shows start off with their protagonist being kind of a underpowered asshole. Sure it’s to facilitate future character development, but it makes it hard to truly get behind them if you hold off too long on the likability or competence.
Background Pony #7E58
@Vivace

@Philweasel

Hey look. I don’t want any trouble with this. The Owl House is the show I’m currently watching more passionately. I don’t want to feel uncomfortable for enjoying something that other people hate (let alone for the wrong reasons). So please don’t you jump into the hate wagon as well, or I will lose it. Ok?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide