Cartoon/Western Animation General

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
That’s more the fault of the writer or creator of the specific character,as VAs usually just do the voice.  
I have a funny story about a Japanese cartoon character voiced by a Japanese man. Guess what? He was REALLY good at doing a WW2-era Japanese stereotype voice. People were quite offended,and he redid the voice himself,this time using his normal speaking voice.  
The cartoon was Super Dave,and the character was the titular Dave’s sidekick,Fuji,voiced by Art Irizawa.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I was impressed how diverse the cast of She Ra was.

Shocked me to hell that the dude from Hawaii 5-0 was in it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I remember “Super Dave,” and that character. So this is nothing new really. But that does bring up the point that even having an authentic race-matching voice actor still doing the same goofy, stereotypical accent is going to sound just as “offensive” regardless. So it’s lose-lose. (And it’s not like we can pretend nobody has an accent.)

I mean, I can understand being a li’l P.C. (Especially, with recent racial relation issues.)  
Still, if this gets to the point that say, Charles Martinet can’t voice Super Mario anymore, (as well as Luigi, Wario, ect.) just because he’s not authentically Italian, (he’s an American of French decent) I’m going to move to Mars.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Zincy  
My favorite part was actually the live action parts. My favorite line he ever had was,“Bite your tongue,Luigi,Mama never raised no slime!”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Zincy  
@Dex Stewart  
Captain Lou Albano was great in both the live-action, and animated Super Mario Super Show.  
He actually was Italian-American, but voiced Mario with more of an American-NY accent close to his real voice.

Still, most seem to prefer Martinet, as he’s more recognized, and the “Super Show” became a product of ‘80s/‘90s childhoods. …I even remember seeing a guy complain about how “politically incorrect” that show was… (For minor things, like characters having bad fake British accents, and such. So he was kinda going overboard demonizing the show.)

@Dex Stewart  
Ah, yeah “Slimebusters,” where Earnie Hudson one of the original Ghostbusters guest-starred. (The Real Ghostbusters was also made by D.I.C. now DHX) Maurice LaMarche also guest starred as Inspector Gadget, whom ironically he’d take over voicing later for Don Adams.

According to Danny Wells (Luigi) they still got requests from famous actors whom wanted to guest star on the show for their kids, long after the show was cancelled. (Despite the high ratings, and such it got, Nintendo didn’t care for it, and cancelled it. Though, allowed a SMB3 show to air to advertise the new game.)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Zincy

You mean Daniel Dae Kim as King Micah? Eeyup. He also spoke General Fong in Avatar: The Last Airbender, or Hiroshi Sato in The Legend of Korra. Personally, I also appreciate him for his numerous guest appearances in movies and TV series. But for me he will forever be unforgettable Johnny Gat from the legendary video game series Saints Row. ;-)

full
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@DarkObsidian

That’s how I learned he was Gat.

After learning that I was expecting Micha to say they should just beat Horde Prime with a baseball bat and piss on his corpse.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
I’m currently at season 10 of The Simpsons and I realised I will never hear Troy McClure or Lionel hutz or any other character played by Phil Hartman in any other episodes for very tragic reasons
Background Pony #E165
@Alexk13

Wasn’t there also a story about Dick (such a fitting name) bragging about indirectly causing Hartman’s death and then threatening other NewsRadio cast members if they pissed them off and Jon Lovitz knocking him flat on his ass in response?
Background Pony #7E58
Bit of note: if an extra Movie/season for She-Ra happens, I want it to end with the double wedding of the Best Friend Squad couples.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@northern haste  
The comments, sadly, miss the point.

Especially the ones that imply the white people are somehow blocking the POC from voice acting. Or that the voice should be ethnically correct so that it isn’t actually acting.

And will be there to browbeat writers into properly portraying the race of the character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide