Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #3AD4
@Beau Skunky

Ah, whatever. It’s sad that not everything was covered up in the series, but the end if the day I’m still satisfied with what I got in the series. I will gladly keep this show for occasional revisits in my personal archive.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

TMNT 2012 isn’t perfect, but I actually think it’s one of the better TMNT shows.

I was just watching that, and it really kept my interest on what happened next. There was still a lot of what seemed like Mcguffin Retconning, but overall there seemed to be a lot of respect to the franchise. I recognized Muckman right away in the episode he shows up. There are things I don’t like, such as Hun being a Bruce Lee knock off and Casey Jones just doesn’t have that menace he usually does.

I saw one episode of the Rise show and didn’t even finish it, it was predictable and overly goofy.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
Yeah, I prefer the 2012 series, but I hear “Rise” is getting better.

Hun was one of the few 2003 characters to return, but yeah I kinda prefer the 2003 one. He was more menacing.

I kinda like Casey, (he even has some shades of the 1990 movie’s personality at times) and it was interesting this new 2012 canon made April & Casey teenagers, like the turtles are. I didn’t like that they didn’t use his traditional unique hockey mask design, and instead used a generic hockey mask, with spray painted skull details on it. Granted Casey does get his “classic” mask later, so maybe they just wanted to build up to it.
Background Pony #3AD4
@Cyborg_pony

@Beau Skunky

Yeah, this is one thing I can agree with too: the Hun of the 2003 series was A LOT better than the one of the 2012. The 2012 series did justice to a lot of things, but Hun surely wasn’t one of those…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #3AD4  
I wasn’t too big on how they redid the 4 “punk frogs” as satirical interpretations on their names, (like Rasputin dresses, and looks like Rasputin, Gengis Frog dresses like Gangus Kahn, ect.)  
I will give them kudos for having John Heder voice Napoleon Bonafrog as a parody of his famed Napoleon Dynamite character. (Even wears a similar unicorn T-shirt.) The show had some pretty good guest-stars including a few from the 1990 movie, and original cartoon.

Other character redesigns were pretty good, like Mutagen Man, and the Triceraton race. I also like how Fugitoid’s eyes are like LEDs with pixel eye emotes.
Background Pony #3AD4
Now, since we are here, joke time:

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are real nerds, you know why? Because on their phones, the number they called the most was SPLINTER’S CELL. XDXDXD
Background Pony #7E2A
Does anyone know of cartoons that featured or mentioned former President Jimmy Carter? I know Simpsons once had a statue of him unveiled that led people to riot.“He’s history’s greatest monster!”  
I don’t know any others off the top if my head.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheDog  
Yeah, the Rat King has always been a favorite of mine.

The 2003 series completely forgot about the character, after his introductory episode oddly. (Aside from an odd brief cameo in the finale. Practically, every living character cameo’d.) So at least, Nickelodeon did more with him.

@Cyborg_pony  
I never saw them in the 2012 series, but they did bring them back in the current IDW comics. They even upgrade Professor Honeycut (Fugitoid) into the Neutrino race cleverly, and like the old cartoon, they battle against Krang’s forces in Dimension X, though they’re more serious now.

I even have a comic book where one of them refers to Krang as a “bastard.” (So they’re allowed to cuss too.)  
Hilariously, and perhaps as a nod to Michelangelo’s crush on Kala in the original series, in IDW, he has a crush on a new Neutrino princess character instead.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
“Freddy Krueger” even guest-starred in the “Dream Beavers” episode. (I know some find that episode odd, but it actually was based on an old Mirage Studios TMNT comic, only they were “Dream Bears” instead. Probably changed to beavers to avoid issues with the “Care Bears” franchise.) They had alot of good guest-stars, but they didn’t overdo it like some shows.

I remember I made a TMNT thread here nearly a year back, but hardly anyone posted in it… So it’s nice to see there’s more TMNT fans here then I thought.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Beau Skunky  
The comics started out series, and pretty gritty. In the first comic, they kill Shredder.

full

Also, they all wore the same color, due to it being black and white.

What a lot of people also didn’t get: The OG NES game was to be more like the comics, even using the same boxart, which is why it’s more difficult and even throws in traps to mess up players not thinking.
Background Pony #E165
@Background Pony #7E2A  
He shows up on one Christmas episode of King of the Hill, and due to his initials being J.C. and him being a carpenter, Bobby mistakenly thinks he’s Jesus.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide