Cartoon/Western Animation General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
I disagree, as sometimes Dale can be pretty competent, and caring at times, he’s good at pranking the bad guys too.

@Philweasel  
I don’t think Gadget & Jack were in the pilot episode, they were introduced in the multi-part beginning story arc.
Background Pony #B6A2
full

We REALLY need to start locking up strange and weird stuff, like that copier.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Philweasel  
I see. Didn’t that originally air on TV as a “movie?”  
In fact, Duck Tales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, and others actually aired with multi-part pilots too, it was very common for “Disney Afternoon” shows. (Surprised “Gummi Bears” started on only one episode to set up it’s lore.)

In fact, “The Return of Jafar” was not planned to be a video sequel originally, it was original the 3-part pilot of the “Aladdin” TV show. Hence why it has Jason Alaxander’s character in it Abis-Maul. (One of the more hilarious characters from the show. He’s basically a villainous George Castanza.) In fact, early Disney Channel airings, the introsequence actually had foortage from the “Return of Jafar.”
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Apparently, that “Atlantis” series never took off.  
The now forgotten Disney “Tarzan” TV series from 2000 was surprisingly good though, I remember, yet nobody remembers it.

Though, they’re nothing new, “The Little Mermaid” was the first Disney animated movie to be adapted into a TV series, and it was pretty good too. Those shows were common in the ’90s, with Beetlejuice, The Mask, Ace Ventura, and many other movies… Some ironically being movies not appropriate for kids.

Heck, Rated R ‘80s movies like Rambo, Robocop, the Toxic Crusader, and Police Academy all had children cartoon adaptations.

I think the earliest character from a “movie” to get their own series was Gabby, the Liliputian from “Gulliver’s Travels,” whom had his own spinoff animated theatrical shorts.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, that makes sense, they couldn’t sell the show to Networks apparently, so just package it, as a “sequel.”  
Not sure how “Atlantis” world’ve worked as a show. You’d think “Treasure Planet” would work better, as they could explore other worlds, and stuff, and they could’ve done more with the “pirate/sci-fi” genres mixed.

Though, of course, some movies don’t translate well to animated cartoon. Such as “Emporer’s New School.” (Loved the movie, but didn’t care for the show much.)
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
judging by how the movie is it would have been them going on the world for Atlantis artefacts.  
I did find new school a bit weird I mean he was clearly emperor in the movie why does he know need to go to the school to be the emperor
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
It kinda changes around, like one episode would be a “Dale” episode, the next would be Monteray Jack, then Gadget, or Chip, or all of ‘em. That was quite common back then. Maybe that’s why MLP:FIM resonates with those whom grew up with Muppet Babies, and such with a variety in the rotating cast, and it kinda brought that back.

@northern haste  
Shame, “Treasure Planet” was kinda underrated, but I guess it’s best they didn’t overdo the sequels like with other movies.  
During the 2000s Disney got a bad rep’ for the overabundance of sequels, including ones to 30/40+ year old movies…

I remember even Don Bluth said he hated the sequels to his movies. (Which he wasn’t involved in. Only one he was involved a li’l was “Bartok the Magnificent.”)

Though, not saying all sequels are bad, mind you. In fact, I prefer the Toy Story sequels over the first.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
most of the sequels won’t even made by the main animation company were they done by the TV department Disneytoon Studios which was closed in 2018 they also did the cars spin-off films
Background Pony #2CE1
Do you think a lot of kids got into doo-wop from watching Nickelodeon bumpers growing up?
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So just out of curiosity I decided to look into ThunderCats Roar, and yeah it’s pretty dumb. I know it’s ment for younger audiences, but obviously adults and especially fans of the original show are not gonna like it.  
The humor is pretty forced and a lot of the characters are pretty obnoxious; I also personally don’t like what they did to Lion-O, I mean I know he’s technically he was a child who became an adult because his sleeping pod malfunctioned but what they did was not the way to go.  
There were only two things I liked about this show: 1 is the Theme Song which I’ll admit is catchy and well animated (honestly I’d put up with the show if it was more like the opening).  
The other thing is Snarf who I never cared for all that much in the original or 2011 versions but in this one he’s fine, acts more like an actual pet and has a bunch of weapons built into him. Aside from that much like Teen Titans Go it’s not worth investing into.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide