Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #7431
Did you know the song by the band Binky (The one that goes, “Oh wee oh wee oh wee o wee o”) in that episode of Arthur is a real song?
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
And once they learned that his proper name is Bowser, they didn’t stick to just calling him Bowser because?…..

I went through a period where I didn’t like SatAM since most of those fans liked using the post-Sonic Adventure games and Sonic X as punching bags.

Very much. Christopher Plummer did very well with the material he was given.  
Most of my dumb fanboying over the movie was mostly towards Peepers the mouse girl who I still find to be a very underrated animal character.

I bet he will once he plays the other Modern Sonic games. I just have a feeling.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So I have a question for everyone involving an obscure piece of Cartoon Network media that I’ve been waiting a long time for someone else to talk about themselves so I can convince myself that I wasn’t just imagining things but since we have yet to get someone on Youtube talking about this, I’m gonna break the ice myself.

Does anybody remember Web Premiere Toons?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
To keep the shows consistent, I assume. (Or a li’l separate from the games possibly.) Same reason they kept Mario & Luigi’s SMB1 color schemes, and didn’t make Peach blonde yet when the SNES came out.  
I always liked how the Mario cartoons used 8-bit sound effects, and music from the games, not many game cartoons did that.

I understand that, but as a SatA.M. fan I actually got the opposite experience, as game Sonic fans used to bug me for liking the Sonic cartoons/comics, and they’d hate on the old cartoons/comics for not being 100% like the games. Oddly, another fraction of the fanbase hates the comics now for being “too much like the games.” I even took heat from SatA.M. fanbrats for liking the games & comics. So I’ve seen annoying fanboy-ism from all sides frankly.

Peepers was quite funny, and adorable. She’s voiced by Sandy Duncan whom was from G1 MLP.

I doubt it, the AVGN did try the Shadow game, and was surprisingly more fair to it. In fact, he was more critical of the old GameGear games like “Sonic Blast” & “Sonic Labyrinth.” (Though, I actually liked “Labyrinth” personally, as it was interesting relyng on the spindash.) So even he understands not very old Sonic game is great, or every modern one is “bad.”
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
SATam sonic is ironically closer in themes to Adventure era Sonic than the classics even if SATam fans claim otherwise
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Broken Adam  
Perhaps in some ways, as the Adventure games & SatA.M. both had dark/serious, and cute/silly moments. They’re still quite different though in other ways, as well.  
In the Adventure games it’s even kinda implied Eggman actually wasn’t above killing. (He blew up a whole island, and even tried to suicide bomb himself at one point. Rather dark for such a famously goofy villain.)  
Meanwhile, in SatA.M. Robotnik either killed you, (it was implied he tortured Cat to death) or turned you into a robotic slave.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Beau Skunky  
My point is that a lot of SATam fans hate the “direction” that the Adventure era games took yet want the Games to adapt themes from SATam/Archie

How would a SATam game be any different than say the Shadow game in that they introduce mechanics that simply don’t work too well in Sonic Games , we saw clips of that SATam game that was being worked on and it looked too slow for a Sonic game
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Applepie1973  
I have the “Complete Series” DVD set. I also have the SMB Super Show, SMB3, AoStH, Sonic Underground, and others.

@Broken Adam  
Yeah, I remember that STI SatA.M. game prototype, it looked more like Metal Gear Sonic, so I can understand why Sega rejected it.

Still, not all SatA.M. fans are like that, I like the SA era games, and so do most other SatA.M. Sonic fans I know, but yeah it’s kinda too late to make a SatA.M. game, and even if they did, half the Sonic fanbase woukd hate it anyway.
Background Pony #7431
@Dustcan

Because we TOTALLY need more Spongebob, amiright? Spongebob totally hasn’t been milked to death and beyond.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan  
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are the only ones that I feel like would be good for a spin-off, but since Mermaid Man’s VA is dead, I think they don’t want to split the fans by recasting him
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide