Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #7431
Phineas and Ferb was long enough ago that people are nostalgic for it.

I’m getting old.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Scrabbleman  
Not surprised. I remember briefly exploring the other regional Cartoon Network sites just to see what made each one unique.

@Beau Skunky  
Eh. It still looked lazy to me and others.

Huh. Guess it was a lose-lose situation no matter which way you looked.

Indeed she is. I wish she would get more fanart. I did choose to pay an homage to her by including her voice for a character in my Undertale VA headcanon.

Like I said, I don’t have high hopes.
Background Pony #AC92
@Angrybrony  
I can remember when comics fans were saying that about how and why comics got so bloody and humorless in the 90’s. ‘All the comics geeks who used to read them and wanted to write superhero comics grew up and did so.’
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
In fact, there’s actually a large lack of serious/darker cartoons in recent times. Even shows like “Adventure Time” seem more comical in nature.

Also, just ‘cause a show is more serious/dark doesn’t mean it can’t be funny, or silly/cute at times. Even the old classic 1990s Batman cartoon, while hailed for being one of the most darkest & serious children’s cartoons, actually has some rather hilarious moments, and even some moments almost as campy as the Adam West Batman.
Background Pony #7431
I can’t believe Sneed’s Seed and Feed (Formerly Chuck’s) got past the censors.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Beau Skunky  
Adventure Time was well balanced it wasn’t like say berserk which is brain dead grimdark for the sake of grimdark, it told great stories explored deeper themes than anyone ever expected and made fighting the embodiment of annihilation and chaos with a song feel perfectly reasonable and justified,
Thanotos Omega

@Broken Adam  
Grimdark has always been used to mock things ever since games workshop introduced the term, Warhammer 40K fans used it to make fun of the narmy levels the game went to to be serious about it’s silly crap back then,
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Thanotos Omega  
Fortunately WH40k has normally had some semblance of a sense of humor about itself, though “In the grim darkness of the far future there is only WAR.” is indeed an hilariously edgy tagline.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Philweasel

As I understand it, WH40K was originally a parody of that kind of grimdark setting, but later it ended up playing those tropes completely straight.
Thanotos Omega

@Jarkes  
No it started off codifying those settings with only the Orks as comic relief, now they constantly struggle to achive a balance, so they don’t loose the charm by becoming a full on parody,
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Jarkes
No it started off codifying those settings with only the Orks as comic relief, now they constantly struggle to achive a balance, so they don’t loose the charm by becoming a full on parody,

I think they want to reach as wide an audience as possible. So edgy teenage boys can have all the DEATH KNIGHTS OF KAINE ALL PAINTED IN BLACK AND RED, MY SOUL BURNS WITH GENERIC RAGE and those with actual functioning emotions can have more nuanced stuff like the Ciaphas Cain novels.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I really don’t know why I haven’t tried WH40K yet. Everything I hear about it sounds like I would enjoy it in a post-ironic manner.
Background Pony #7431
Leave it to Nickelodeon to take something like Star Trek and turn it into shit.
Background Pony #7431
Also, it’s CG, so it’s going to age like fucking milk in a few years.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide