Cartoon/Western Animation General

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Besides, it’s a matter of time before Zaslav gets replaced by a better boss for WBD and hopefully Chris Cocks will be replaced with someone who believed in the late Brian Goldner’s vision of Hasbro. (Hopefully Stephen Davis coming back)
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
The fact that Doc Ock wanted to flood the park and ruin the Mother’s Day picnic in “Spidey and his Amazing Friends” (without any reason given) makes me wonder if she secretly had issues with her own mother.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I just finished season 2 episode 6 of The Owl House. Here are my reactions of episode 3 to episode 6.
I like the backstory they give King where it turns out he’s not really the king of anything. I thought it did a lot to make King sympathetic. King is a character to me where he often has some of the funniest lines (It’s either him or Hooty as the funniest character) while also not ending up in the realm of comedic relief. There’s a lot to him to make him feel relatable.
I like the stuff with Eda and Lilith’s mother where she gave preferential treatment towards Eda. It felt relatable, but it also didn’t go into the realm of parental abuse. It would’ve been easy to do like a Hey Arnold Helga thing where Lilith was a victim of parental neglect. And I was especially worried they were gonna do this because Amity is supposed to be the one with the fucked up parent problems, and doing so would in my mind take away from that (As a sidenote, there were points in the episode where I said to myself “Man, Lilith and King have a sadder backstory than Amity does”, which I felt kinda guilty about). That’s why I’m glad it turns out Eda and Lilith’s mother is actually not bad. I also thought having her get scammed was a clever way to make you feel sorry for Gwendolyn. Again, they didn’t succumb to the shortcomings when it comes to writing an absent-minded parent like her.
The Gus stuff was fine, but it felt overshadowed by the Luz and Amity stuff, which was amazing. Both Gus and Willow are characters that I’m still kinda iffy about because I don’t think they’re frankly that interesting. Gus’s duplication spell is cool, but I don’t think they ever really explained how they got it or how it works. Maybe I’m misremembering. As for Willow, I like the childhood stuff with her and Amity, but again, not much of a reason to care about her.
The Amity and Luz stuff was absolutely adorable. I love Amity dying her hair because it signifies that is becoming more and more her own person. And the kiss on the cheek, ahhhhhhhhhhh. It was so fantastic. I love these two dorks so much.
Amity’s brother and sister remind me of Donny and Marie Osmond. I dunno, maybe it’s the way they carry themselves.
Emperor Belos and their curse like ailment reminds me of Eda and her curse-like ailment.
I like the scene where The Golden Guard sings The Owl House theme song. Nice little easter egg.
The Golden Guard being powerless without his staff is a great way to make him endearing. It’s like how in Toradora they offset Taiga’s violent tendencies by making her small and clumsy.
If this was any other show, I could see Luz and The Golden Guard as a couple. Their banter is cute. It’s just Amity is like a better version of The Golden Guard, which is why Amity and Luz should be the end game. Still, I like The Golden Guard. He’s endearing to me.
Eda continues to be amazing. As much as I like Amity, a part of me kinda considers Eda my favorite character.
Of course, the big thing I’m wondering about is what’s up with the evil Luz in the human world? My gut reaction is that it’s the work of Emperor Belos. But then again, a part of me also feels that that’s too obvious. I am really curious to see what that is all about.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@SleepySteve
You can’t mock an ideology without showing why it wasn’t good. Just saying “they’re bad and hate them” does nothing. The scene and joke is He didn’t care until he played “Yankee” doodle, and then was afraid of getting in trouble for whipping. Having watches the rest, it’s pretty much a typical gag after that.
Plus; The north wasn’t all that better, oh sure they were Free up north, but free to do what? Sit in a ramshackle shack until the great heroes allowed them some bread and water until it’s safe to move to the next. Some even used their position as underground railroads to do untold atrocities to them, and hailed as heroes for it with many still to this day covered up by how they get to be remembered.
History is a lot grimmer and greyer then you want to have it. I suggest you not care about a cartoon from the 30’s so much.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide