Cartoon/Western Animation General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I think people are picking on Cyber too much. While he goes overboard sometimes, and I don’t agree with him on everything either, I admit, he has a point on some things, like bad/mediocre reboots are getting overdone, (occasionally a good one will appear) and the “creators” in charge really shouldn’t insult fans, or the original series they’re rebooting, as it’s bad PR, and downright unprofessional.
Like for example, if they made a “New Super Mario Bros. Super Show,” I might be a bit turned off, if the new show runner kept bashing the original, or fans of the original, and bragging about how good their version is.
The original wasn’t perfect, and corny, but it would come off disrespectful, off-putting, and like they don’t care about the source material.
Vortaxonus

@Beau Skunky
Though it doesn’t help his argument at all when, in listing said reboots, a good chunk of said list is either not a reboot, list things that are clearly not reboots (or at least stretching the definition as such), or failed to take into account which reboot is being mentioned.
@Cyborg_pony
Bit late, again, but at least by how the original post is worded, it’s only in the context of reboots squarely rather than “And the big point was things you’re not allowed to dislike.”, which mind you was not even brought up in that particular context, not to mention comes across as vary obvious dodge to save face, to me anyways.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Don’t
I never cared for live action Wolverine’s look. If I ever said anything though, I’d be met with an onslaught of “well, it’s not going to match the comics 100%”, “this is for a new audience”,etc,etc…

Yeah, actually I would. Your whole movie is freaking blacks,grays, and dark blue cool colors.
Sabertooth was realized perfectly, though.

That tree or pole or whatever he’s holding couldn’t look more fake.
Toad was pretty good too.

A different look from the comics, but it works for a lesser known character like him.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Penguin Dragneel
@WyrmSpawN
Well, pardon me for being defensive to the point of pissing people off.
Besides, if you create something and your fans or fandom becomes toxic, what would you do?
Sit and do nothing out of fear that other fans might hate you and bully you and think you’re “insulting the fans”? Because that’s what I think fans want when a revival/reboot or otherwise doesn’t go the way the fans want if the creator makes their own spin.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
Besides, if the entertainment fails to pick interests in the audience, then it’s clear the product is not all that superior.
After all, if the audience starts fleeting en masse, how are you gonna pay the colorists, writters, designers and all the workers?
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

You hire Cheaper.
and cheaper.
and cheaper.
Pretty much most use established franchises as just a tick on a resume so they can go to other studios and say “I did [INSERT IP HERE].” They’re not going to look at the reception of the product itself. Just hear Popular franchise and then sign the contract.
Along with hiring based on using them as shields for criticism. Most of these creators they hire only have a 5 year shelf-life. Most of the ones I’ve seen are now desperate and begging for crumbs, but they’ve burned every bridge erected for them both with fans and colleges. No one cares about them anymore, especially not those companies that used them because they were hired on merit or talent and cost them more money then made.
ElderD

Oh, another thing regarding my last post. It also wouldn’t hurt to be mature to your audience and even critics.
Like, if your doing a reboot or long-running series, don’t alienate the older longtime fans for things like politics. It’s just bad business practice.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ElderD
Okay, pandering to the bigots, treat the toxic fandom like people and ignoring the minorities, got it.
Oy vey…
Nobody is saying this at all. Not all critics or older fans are “toxic,” just because they don’t like something newer, and not everyone on opposite sides to your own personal politics are “bigots.”
(Heck, I tire of seeing even liberals being accused of being “Trump supporters,” just because they don’t like a new reboot. I also don’t believe all Trump supporters are “bigots” either.)
You’re always so pro-corporation, but I got news for you, these corporations don’t care about you, they don’t care about minorities, they don’t care about social issues, they only care about making money.
I’m not saying all companies are “evil,” but they aren’t some “greater good” either.
I like Disney, but I don’t have to love everything they make. (Such as that bad looking Home Alone reboot.)
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Beau Skunky
Look, the people who don’t like it can go too far, by for example bullying the creator or developer just because of something they don’t like or that ruined the reboot.
For example, the Last of Us fanbase and the He-Man fanbase or the Star Wars fanbase bullying a human being just because of their imperfect behavior over what they did to the franchise.
Also, if nobody is saying this, why do people on the internet think that everything with diversity is woke nowadays?
Black people have their time to shine, Asian people have their time to shine, but women? Nah, it makes the project woke therefore bad.
And what’s wrong with money?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide