Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Cartoon/Western Animation General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
[@Angrybrony](/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=5165255#post_5165255)
I understand trying to help minority voice actors get more gigs, but the problem is, if that standard is implimented it has to go both ways. (As it would biased not to.) They can only voice characters their "own race," which limits their roles.

Like Samurai Jack, and the Shredder (TMNT) are two Asian characters, whom are usually voiced by black actors. If the rule that only a person the same "race" as the character, then that means these people that "rule" are trying to "help" are out of a job, and are limited to only "black" characters.

It also means Asian-American actors are limited to only "Asian" characters too.

I also want to state the irony that a few people don't want Chris Pratt to voice Mario in the upcoming Mario movie, because he's not Italian, because neither is Charles Martinet. (French/Canadian.)
Are we seriously going to get to the point casting agents have to dig into actors' family ancestry to ensure they're the "correct ancestry" to voice a character?

It honestly limits the roles for voice actors.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky