Viewing last 25 versions of post by lasty in topic Cartoon/Western Animation General

lasty
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

dead to you
So far, I've seen ten out of order episodes of new Animaniacs and a couple clips and...yeah, it's usually pretty funny, overall.

Man, those Russian election meddling jokes just got funnier every time. Not because the joke was so good it retained the humor over all the repetitions. No, it...it _*definitely_* wasn't that. It was from me imagining the writers of those episodes watching the news that fateful day when the report was gonna come out. I pictured them doing it like kids watching Saturday morning cartoons. Dressed beyond casually, bunny slippers, big bowl of Lucky Charms. Hoping with the same energy as "Man, how will the X-Men get out of _*this_* one!?" that they'd nail Trump to the wall with indisputable proof that he and Putin were in cahoots (maybe in cahoots...and love?). And after months of reviews, investigation, testimony, calls for impeachment, absolute and unshakable certainty from most of the media that Russia definitely hacked our very democracy at Orangeman's behest, they found out that...naw, prob'ly not.

And I imagine them dropping their spoons and splashing their heart-pattern underwear with purple milk at the shock. At not being vindicated and at...oh, no, they wrote so many jokes asserting that as truth. So, so many jokes that completely stop working even a little bit if it's kinda proven really unlikely, at best! this is gonna be so embarrassing, when it airs more than a year from then..! But wait! Maybe there's still time to change those jokes so they won't age like fine raw chicken at room temperature! A frantic e-mail to Spielberg! They wait for a reply and...the scripts were finalized and locked in weeks ago!? Insert weakly-terrified Buttercup meme here.

Of course, that probably didn't actually happen and the longevity of the Trump hate-boner covered for the potential dating of the jokes. But I thought it was funny.

"@

[==@Don't==]":(/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4977100#post_4977100
)  
What else do you remember about it? Character names, episode titles, someone who made it, some visual that stood out? I looked into Carl2 a little and saw that it aired on Jettix. Is that right?

"

[
@WyrmSpawN":](/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4977107#post_4977107
)  
That, and the years-long avalanche of anger and loathing toward one side from the entertainment industry makes it a little too easy to think, maybe the jokes aren't super good-natured this time. Maybe less "fun ribbing" and more "No, seriously, fuck this guy, he's the worst, we sincerely hate him as a person and wish terrible things on him". But since it's a cartoon, they honk a clown horn while they say it.

Maybe not, I'm not a mind-reader, I could be wrong.
No reason given
Edited by lasty
lasty
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

dead to you
So far, I've seen fivten out of order episodes of new Animaniacs and a couple clips and...yeah, it's pretty funny, overall.

Man, those Russian election meddling jokes just got funnier every time. Not because the joke was so good it retained the humor over all the repetitions. No, it...it _definitely_ wasn't that. It was from me imagining the writers of those episodes watching the news that fateful day when the report was gonna come out. I pictured them doing it like kids watching Saturday morning cartoons. Dressed beyond casually, bunny slippers, big bowl of Lucky Charms. Hoping with the same energy as "Man, how will the X-Men get out of _this_ one!?" that they'd nail Trump to the wall with indisputable proof that he and Putin were in cahoots (maybe in cahoots...and love?). And after months of reviews, investigation, testimony, calls for impeachment, absolute and unshakable certainty from most of the media that Russia definitely hacked our very democracy at Orangeman's behest, they found out that...naw, prob'ly not.

And I imagine them dropping their spoons and splashing their heart-pattern underwear with purple milk at the shock. At not being vindicated and at...oh, no, they wrote so many jokes asserting that as truth. So, so many jokes that completely stop working even a little bit if it's kinda proven really unlikely, at best! this is gonna be so embarrassing, when it airs more than a year from then..! But wait! Maybe there's still time to change those jokes so they won't age like fine raw chicken at room temperature! A frantic e-mail to Spielberg! They wait for a reply and...the scripts were finalized and locked in weeks ago!? Insert weakly-terrified Buttercup meme here.

Of course, that probably didn't actually happen and the longevity of the Trump hate-boner covered for the potential dating of the jokes. But I thought it was funny.

"@[==Don't==]":/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4977100#post_4977100
What else do you remember about it? Character names, episode titles, someone who made it, some visual that stood out? I looked into Carl2 a little and saw that it aired on Jettix. Is that right?

"@WyrmSpawN":/forums/generals/topics/cartoonwestern-animation-general?post_id=4977107#post_4977107
That, and the years-long avalanche of anger and loathing toward one side from the entertainment industry makes it a little too easy to think, maybe the jokes aren't super good-natured this time. Maybe less "fun ribbing" and more "No, seriously, fuck this guy, he's the worst, we sincerely hate him as a person and wish terrible things on him". But since it's a cartoon, they honk a clown horn while they say it.
Maybe not, I'm not a mind-reader, I could be wrong.
No reason given
Edited by lasty