Your life before Ponies

Vlakc
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

BECAUSE SERIOUSLY WTF WERE YOU WATCHING BEFORE MLP:FIM?! ;P

On a more serious note:

-What were you doing, watching, what was your favorite thing before you discovered FiM?

-Did you just accepted FiM and it’s fandom right from the start, or were you in denial/against it?

-Did FiM became the top of the top of your favorite shows/other things, or are you still the biggest fan of something else?

-has FiM and it’s fandom become very recurrent in your daily life?, or it hasn’t changed your daily life that much?

In my case:

Before FiM, I didn’t had any particular favorite show, perhaps “strike witches”. When I discovered FiM and it’s fandom I was pretty much in denial and for some time even a little against it. Now FiM and the fandom take a lot of my time but I try to balance it with my other hobbies/responsibilities, but I can say that when it comes to TV shows, FiM it’s my favorite one.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The Fluffiest
I didn’t watch much TV at all. I still don’t, catching it on youtube. The only stuff on TV I looked forward to in the last couple years was Venture Brothers.

As far as fandoms, I was a furry, and then also a Homestuck.

Cultural osmosis, some bronies on the Homestuck forums and C!R’s “Reviews are Magic” episodes got me familiar with the show enough that when S3 was going to start, I decided to start watching. I saw a small handful of episodes prior (starting with Lesson Zero, natch.) then all of S3 as it was released.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I didn’t watch much TV at all. Ponies were the first actual TV show I watched to a serious extent, and the first time I actually turned the TV on at all for since Highschool.

If I was watching anything, it was odd movies on Netflix.

When ponies first started becoming a thing I was using the Minecraft forums. In their off-topic section I was seeing a lot of pony avatars. At first I brushed them off as being another strain of furries. And I made a lot of jokes of enslaving them and selling them as work horses.

After awhile I decided to give it a shot after seeing some stuff from people I followed on dA in reference to MLP. Particularly one artist who does a lot of WW1 based art.

Following this, I decided to give the show’s pilot a shot… And well, you can tell what happened then.

Life-style wise, it hasn’t changed my habits once. I still go to work the same way and with the same disposition. And I still do school with the same mentality. The only real thing that’s changed is that I’ll wear some pony things in a way that’s not obtuse and obvious, but hopefully in a way that can be a calling card to other bronies and I can see what’s up with the local herd.

Since becoming a brony I’ve only went to one meetup. Whereas before I tried to attend how many local events as possible. So, nothing much different there.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I was just watching stuff like Spongebob and the Spawn animated series before ponies.

Fim would be somewhere in my top list of shows, next to Gravity falls, under Dr Who, Buffy, and Korra.

As for the effecting my life. It made me more social and less of a weak spined pussy, mostly cause I hang out around here alot.
GargantuanBass
Thread Starter - Vent thread

I spent most of my time RP with a friend on a fanficton website. We were both Sonic fans, though our characters were really just their own characters with occasional signs of the Sonic universe here and there.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -

The Fluffiest
@Whatevs  
I saw other episodes. Hurricane Fluttershy, Putting Your Hoof Down, May The Best Pet Win, Dragon Quest, the one with the newspaper whose episode name I forget, and maybe one or two others that I don’t remember off the top of my head.
phallen1
Software Patch - For supporting the site
Commission Junkie - Derpi Supporter
Air Ponyville -
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

The courage to jump...
Video games, the Awful forums, lurking about the art sites. Go to work every day, faff about doing nothing on the weekends.
Feral_Socks

This fandom is what got me into the other things that I really like, like Avatar and Doctor Who. The biggest impact I think ponies had is that I’m now a lot more open about the things that I enjoy.
archestereo

…I think I was actually mostly into Vocaloid stuff just before checking FiM out. Personally, I think the fanbases are awfully similar, what with coming outta left field and generating a ton of content. I think the last show I was even following before that was Monk.

At first I actually dismissed it as similar to some care bear thing I heard people mention some time before it, but cyberspace became so saturated with pony that what I suppose at the time could’ve been described as morbid curiosity finally drove me to watch the entirety of season one (the summer before season two would premiere).

One of the biggest things that struck me was the similarities between Rainbow Dash and Sonic the Hedgehog, the star of the first video game I ever owned, a big part of my childhood and always at least in the back of my mind to this very day. The other two big things were Pinkie’s antics and Fluttershy’s adorableness.

…I don’t know if it’s really changed much, but then again, this is the first time I’ve participated in a forum in years…
TheArtsyScribe
Artist -

My life was a little dull at first. I had heard about the show, but I never wanted to watch it. It was sometime during December or November when I finally decided to give it a go. My first episode was “Look Before You Sleep”. That was the day I joined the herd.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
>-What were you doing, watching, what was your favorite thing before you discovered FiM?

Anime, video games.

>-Did you just accepted FiM and it’s fandom right from the start, or were you in denial/against it?

My very first exposure were clips people were linking as reactions in forums. I dismissed it as cute slice-of-life thing that was probably really boring. I was finding more and people on the internet that I liked who liked it, so like a good sheep I gave it a shot and I’m happy I did.

>-Did FiM became the top of the top of your favorite shows/other things, or are you still the biggest fan of something else?

Yes.

>-has FiM and it’s fandom become very recurrent in your daily life?, or it hasn’t changed your daily life that much?

FiM replaced the things I mentioned about. That’s all that the show has really affected in my life.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide