You laugh, you lose.

The_Mungoman
Thread Starter - /dis/gravity-falls
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Something that happened to me some time ago.

So, anyone who knows me, knows that I am biologically Iranian. Both my parents are from Iran, and I speak an okay amount of Farsi.  
My sister and I were on the tram, and these three Persian girls, not much older than fifteen each, were talking in Farsi. Loudly. With the pure and utter confidence that noone could understand them. They were talking about anything, the weather, the people in the tram, the people in school, everything and anyone.  
I just smirk at my sister a little, whilst she is torn inbetween caution and entertainment, herself. Once or twice I looked over to one of the girls and smiled politely.  
Finally, when we got up to leave, one of them turns to her friends and said: “That boy keeps checking me out!”, something I, Heaven forbid, wasn’t doing; she wasn’t even that attractive to begin with.

So I just slowly lean over and quietly reply in Farsi: “I understand you” and leave without another word, my sister right behind me.  
All I heard after a long, stunned silence, was a loud “OH MY GOOOOOOOOD.

Then, my sister and I proceeded to die laughing.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@The_Mungoman  
Just like when I was in Elementary School before the big mass immigration from China. Anyone who spoke Mandarin, who thought they were safe, I understood them. There weren’t too many Asian at my place when I was in primary. Now, they outnumber whites.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@The_Mungoman  
I just have a dark sense of humor. To me nothing is sacred in comedy. Now, I’ll hold off on jokes when they’re inappropriate merely for the sake of others, but when the chips are down I’ll laugh at racist, gay, sexist, vulgar, dead baby, you name it jokes.  
Though I think, by definition, that does make me a terrible person. Oh well, I am what I am.

And to remain on topic, here’s Hedgehog the Sonic  
(This is what I see when I attempt to play/watch actual Sonic)
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@ParagonCommander  
Outside of actually going to the place and being immersed in it, there’s really no easy way to just learn a second language. I remember picking up enough English to at least speak to other people in about 3 to 4 weeks of moving from Québec to Alberta, but even then I needed to take a few classes to become fluent. I’ve heard good things about Rosetta Stone, though.

On topic…  
IF I DIDN’T HAVE YOUUUUUUUUUU%%~
Lieutenant Bean
Artist -

“Sometimes I think about asking God why there is so much famine, poverty and death when he could do something about it… But I’m scared he may ask me the same question.” Sighs dramatically
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide