Vent thread

Background Pony #802E
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
7: While true some of Disney’s practices are questionable, if you ignore the hate, their actually good.

5: Same thing as 7

6: Also, same thing as 7

The fortnite one, I don’t play it, but it’s overrated, at least imo.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
“Hasbro” I moreso hate some of their business practices as opposed to the company itself.

Fascinating. What business practices are you talking about?

I actually really love most of Hasbro’s business practices, especially their requirements for inclusiveness and diversity and employee rights that they require of their suppliers and licensees, and the work that they do to ensure that they create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive workplace that supports their employees.

Or are you more talking about the whole “Lauren Faust had to borrow empty conference rooms or hide in supply closets just to have a place to work on My Little Pony while other shows had entire suites that they never actually used”? Or is it more the “Everyone’s a freelancer so we don’t have to pay for insurance or guarantee anyone any kind of long term employment!”?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Star vs. The Forces of Evil: I love the colors, haven’t really seen it.  
Steven Universe: Is really cool. Popular to hate because it gays the wrong way or something? I dunno.  
SpongeBob SquarePants (post-s3): I don’t know if Spongebob ever got bad, Spongebob is legendary.  
MLP G4 (Post-Season 4): Fresh hot waifus  
Hasbro: They know how to sell shit  
WWE: I always assumed this kinda stuff was fake, but i’m pretty sure that’s the point. it all looks cool.  
Disney: Early Disney is a pioneer in early animation, not allowed to hate it.  
Nintendo: I went PC for work, otherwise I’d still be buying Nintendo stuff  
CGI animation: Offers things near impossible to do by hand.  
Netflix: Subscribed. I love their She-Ra and Bojack Horsemen, and all their shows about drugs and poverty.  
Live-action: Most of my favorite movies are live action.  
Marvel: I always superficially sided with DC, but it’s all good really  
Funimation: That’s a lot of shows to hate in particular  
TikTok: content  
Celebrities: People are just jealous, but celebrities have their own issues too.  
The romance: genre everyone likes romance  
Shipping: Call me UPS, I ship for a living  
My Hero Academia: Haven’t seen this one in particular.  
Fortnite: Looks fun. Adults are just afraid to play alongside kids, the same thing with Minecraft.

Did I miss one? I just like to share my opinion about anything, and like figuring people out by theirs.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Beth  
Now I feel like I should check out “Star vs. The Forces of Evil”.

WWE: I always assumed this kinda stuff was fake,

Here’s an insider joke:

Wanna know how to tell when WWE is real? Someone ends up in the hospital.

Worse I ever had was separated ribs, but one missed gag and it was Show Over and Here Comes The Ambulance.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
I included Hasbro on the list due to the fact that most films based on Hasbro’s IPs (e.g., Transformers, G.I. Joe) weren’t critical darlings except for Ouija: Origin of Evil, Bumblebee and apparently the MLP G5 movie.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Why do you assume that everyone here hates Hasbro then?

Do you see that you took “Weren’t critical darlings” and made it “So everyone here hates it”?

Do you know why that was important to you to have be a true thing?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Then why do you assume that everyone here hates those shows or those studios?

Do you see that you took “Weren’t critical darlings” and made it “So everyone here hates it”?

Do you know why that was important to you to have be a true thing?

PS: I don’t know who Mike Flanagan is. Does that mean to you that I hate them?
Background Pony #1D6A
Going to counseling today. Hope they can figure out what’s wrong with me, or redirect me to someone who can. Wish me luck.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
And I also included celebrities on this list due to the whole war between A-list actors and voice actors that happens on the internet, which led to my problems with people preferring animation over live action regarding adaptations.

Which ignited again with the recent Mario movie announcement at Nintendo Direct. I thought it died after Scoob! lol. At least people didn’t give the DuckTales reboot and the new MLP film shit for hiring celebrities to do voice acting for the show/movie.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
A lot of that revolves around how many talented voice actors (Frank Welker, Charles Martinet, etc) who are still around get replaced by high-budget celebrity actors for the big movie. It leaves a bad taste in many people’s mouths.

In the case of the MLP movie, it features all new characters, so there aren’t any previous voice actors getting replaced. As for DuckTales, a decent chunk of the original actors passed away prior to the reboot’s release, so it was unavoidable.
Background Pony #802E
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, I brought that up too, and some retired, so it was gonna be expected.

Let me bring an example, if PPG is to get a reboot more faithful to the original, there gonna have to find a new voice actor for Professor since Tom Kane retired due to a stroke.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ciaran
The latter stuff, alongside how they handle some of their toylines (Marvel Legends and Power Rangers to name a few), and their copyright BS.

Yeah, some of that stuff was completely wrong and stupid of them.

Regarding their copyright stuff though, do you think this site would even exist if it was Disney instead of Hasbro?

Hasbro has been AMAZINGLY ok with this site, given what any of their competitors would do.

@Background Pony #1D6A  
Good luck! Remember that your therapist WORKS FOR YOU so make sure they have a plan and are a good fit for you. If after a few sessions they aren’t helping or working, get a different one. It can sometimes take three or four tries to get one that ‘clicks’.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ciaran  
I was mostly referring to all the YouTube reviews they took down around the mid-point of the fandom (2013-2015).

But no, this site sure as hell wouldn’t exist with Disney in control.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
And I also included celebrities on this list due to the whole war between A-list actors and voice actors that happens on the internet, which led to my problems with people preferring animation over live action regarding adaptations.
Which ignited again with the recent Mario movie announcement at Nintendo Direct. I thought it died after Scoob! lol. At least people didn’t give the DuckTales reboot and the new MLP film shit for hiring celebrities to do voice acting for the show/movie.

Same question. Why do you assume that everyone HATES those things, or that you have to ATTACK people here because of it?

I really think that this is a question you should think about. I really think that you should be asking yourself why you assume every other user of this site HATES celebrities or anything else on that list.

Or, more importantly, why you are ‘hated’ for your opinions - rather than your behavior?

If you ‘attack’ people because you know they ‘hate’ something you like, the ATTACK is the behavior. And if you attack others then we have to ban you.

That has nothing to do with your opinion - and it has nothing at all to do with everyone else’s opinions.

2LDR: Trying to get you to look past your assumptions of other people’s opinions which you use to justify your anger and acting out, and instead at your own behavior.

DISCLAIMER - this is all speculation on my part. I really don’t know what’s going on with you, it could all be trolling or something entirely different. But I do think it would help if you talked about why you need everyone else on this site to hate those things that many of us clearly are ravenous and exhuberant fans of.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Then can you imagine why statements like this, where you tell someone that they ‘hate’ something and won’t ‘let you like it’ cause conflict?

Maybe they don’t really hate it.

Maybe they don’t care if you like it.

If you really have chronic loneliness, then projecting those kinds of things onto others is perfectly natural, because it’s how you see the world - whether the world is really like that or not.

And ‘acting that out’ - telling others they hate something (whether they really do or not) and telling them that they won’t ‘let you like’ (whether they even care what you like or not) it is going to create a lot of social stress and will make your condition even worse.

You create an antagonistic situation, where the other person may not even know what you are talking about, and then you are in a ‘fight or flight’ situation where you feel that you have to are justified in attacking others to ‘defend’ yourself from something that is only happening in your mind.

Again - just speculation on my part.

But your ‘I have to attack others to defend myself’ when no one is actually attacking you - and might actually be trying to be friends with you - is really creating a lot of social drama, and preventing you from forming the friendships that you could be here.

This is part of why I keep asking if you can see how important it is to you that people here disagree with you - even if in reality they actually agree with you or might not even care what you think or what you are worried about?

Do you not see that you are telling others what they think, and then ‘attacking them to defend yourself’?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide