Vent thread

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Reality check:

Does ‘being treated badly’ include being banned or asked to chill because you are acting out, and does ‘being treated badly’ include people disagreeing with you?

Or does ‘being treated badly’ mean something else to you?

Because right now it looks to me like everyone here pretty much does everything they can to try to help you calm down and to get you to stop freaking out. And we only ban you when talking to you doesn’t work.

So what does ‘being treated badly’ mean to you?

Because, to be honest, ‘how you speak’ includes a lot of rule-breaking behavior. And others trying to get you to stop, and us banning you because you won’t stop, does happen.

It makes me feel like I am the worst person on this website. And if I defend myself from anyone, it’s rule 0 apparently.

Most of the time when I get involved and you appear to be defending yourself, you have accused someone else of some straw man that you are upset about - you accuse them of hating a movie because they liked a different movie, or wanting a studio to be shut down because they enjoyed some game. And then you ‘defend’ that they’re a bad person for wanting that horrible thing that they don’t actually want.

You are FAR from the worse person on this site, but you really pick and start fights a lot.

Most of the time, it seems like you COME here to pick a fight that you CAN’T have with someone else on some OTHER site, and when no one here actually has that opinion that you’re trying to fight, you just ASSIGN the opinion to someone and then go after them like they’re a threat to your very existence and happiness.

But that’s just what it looks like from where I am.

How can I defend myself without attacking anyone? It makes no sense to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t I spend literally hours talking with you about this?

I’m pretty sure that I’ve already had this conversation with you. Possibly several times.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
We treat you like this because you consistently infect the other threads with the same talking points over and over again, and then lash out in anger whenever someone doesn’t agree with you.

If you were to simply not do that, things would be different.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Simply put, just stop worrying about people hating things you like. The vice versa also applies here.

It’s not the end of the world if it happens. It’s ok for you to say “I didn’t hate the final seasons of Star Vs or Steven Universe,” but you have to understand that not everyone agrees with you, and that’s ok.

And yes, not attacking others definitely helps in that regard.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
First, identify what the opinions are that you are upset about.

Then, learn what people actually think instead of assigning to them the opinions that you hate.

Maybe everyone here basically agrees with you on nearly everything except for your outcomes - you tend to see the end of the world in everything that you are upset about. People may agree with you that ‘a movie wasn’t given a fair chance’ but disagree that it is ‘the end of movies’.

The problem is though that just being ok seems to be SUPER hard for you. And no one here can help you - even professionals here who work with the kinds of issues that you are dealing with can not help you via social media. You need to hook up with a professional in the real world. With treatment, the kinds of issues that you are exhibiting here can be taken care of - sometimes really quickly and painlessly.

Left untreated for too long, or never treated, they can become something that haunts your entire life.

So, “What else should I do to make people understand me?” starts with getting professional help. You can’t self-help yourself out of this, and there’s nothing anyone on social media can do that will change this for you.

I don’t want to be the only person who likes something that everyone else hates.

Let’s verify this - do a reality check.

Name one thing - just ONE THING - that you like that you think everyone else here hates.

Put that expectation to the test. Let’s see if it’s true. Find out if it’s something that is really true, or just a lie that you’re telling yourself because it validates your behavior.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Be a little less vitriolic.  
If you really want to shitpost, make sure it’s not “credible” you do it in a appropriate place.  
Most mods here are able to understand the sarcasm behind my empty “threats”. Notice I don’t usually direct it at anyone in particular except Badheart.

And dude. I don’t always get away with it either. It’s not uncommon for me to go overboard with my shit. Mods have deleted several posts of mine here in the past and I’ve even got banned a few time for it.
Beth
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
As long as that hated thing doesn’t define your entire personality.

It shouldn’t hurt you anyway, most of what I love is unpopular. Popularity isn’t that great, nor is it bad, it’s just a thing that happens.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Most mods here are able to understand the sarcasm behind my empty “threats”.

Although, admittedly, it does mean we sometimes have to respond to reporters telling them that it’s just the normal noise for the thread you’re in.

And that’s a good point - WHERE you do it really makes a big difference.

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
What if I am the only person who does like what everyone else hates?

This is a good example of ‘all-or-nothing’ behavior. You are the ‘only one’ who likes. ‘Everyone else hates’.

The real problem can’t be seen now because it’s you against the world. Maybe the real problem is a show that you liked got canceled and it meant you lost access to some of your support mechanisms - something that was critical to your happiness went away and instead of dealing with that loss you are accusing others of taking it away.

So you use anger and blame to deal with what really can only be cured through sadness and forgiveness.

If anyone disagrees with your presumption and likes the thing you lost too, then obviously they are lying and no one is being true with you and everyone hates that you like the thing.

Anger fixes it for you - you feel centered and effective.

But you miss the opportunity to feel sad with someone who is equally sad. And instead of joining them in sorrow and working toward accepting that loss and forgiving yourself for feeling sad and being hurt because of that loss, you ‘protect’ yourself by being angry at them for feeling exactly the same feelings that you can not permit yourself.

This is speculation. On Social Media it is impossible to give any kind of proper diagnosis. But your behavior is reminiscent of people who are protecting a ‘shameful feeling’ like sadness by acting out anger instead. Especially at others who are feeling the same sadness.

So - let’s start - again, this is social media, so nothing can really be gained. But it is ‘a form’ of talk therapy, so answer this question:

Name one thing - just ONE THING - that you like that you think everyone else here hates.

Is it okay to be lonely? Or there are others outside of this site who has the same opinions as me?

Again, you make this about your opinions, not your loneliness.

Everybody feels lonely from time to time. But loneliness is becoming chronic in our affluent societies.

Loneliness is a physical function, like hunger. Loneliness can indicate that your social skills are not functioning properly. Being social is an important part of our evolved biology - it’s how Humans kept themselves alive by being in the group. For hundreds of thousands of years, if you did not get along with others, couldn’t ‘fit in’ with the group, you had a significantly more difficult time getting food, or water, or assistance if you were ill, and you died earlier and didn’t reproduce. So Humans are evolved with an innate ability to determine if they are ‘fitting in.’

Even though we have phones and the internet, ‘fitting in’ is still a part of our biology.

Cacioppo J & Cacioppo S, SPPC (2014) showed that the stress that comes from chronic loneliness is one of the most unhealthy things you can experience. It causes people to age quicker. And it causes things like cancer and alzheimer’s advance quicker because it makes our immune systems weaker.

And once it becomes chronic it becomes self-sustaining. Your brain goes into self-preservation, and starts seeing threats everywhere. Your brain becomes both more aware of social signals, but less able to interpret them - you start seeing hostility when someone is actually being friendly.

And you start seeing threats everywhere.

Someone liking or not liking a TV show or a movie, for example, becomes as real a threat as if they held a knife up to your throat.

But it can be changed. You can learn to recognize the cycles you are trapped in, and even though you can’t get RID of feelings, you can learn to accept those feelings that you have and because you know the cause you can evaluate whether the feeling is true or false.

Again, all of this really doesn’t help. You have to do something about it yourself, and merely reading these words - assuming they are even accurate for your situation - won’t do anything.

You can change this, you can be happy - or, at least - Okay.

But every person is unique and different and introspection or monitoring your own feelings might not work for you.

The first step really is to get help determining if this is really what the problem is. Talk to a professional - talk to A DOZEN professionals. If you are in school, talk to your school’s doctor and therapist. If you are not, talk to your minister or several clergy in several churches. If you have insurance or can otherwise afford it, talk to your doctor. If you don’t have insurance or otherwise can’t afford it, call hotlines. Look for support groups in your area where you can talk to the moderator or facilitator of the support group to see if you will fit in and whether they can help you.

And, if you want to talk with me again, I’m still here.

A great way to start that discussion is to name one thing - just ONE THING - that you like that you think everyone else here hates.

Let’s find out if you’re right. What’s the worse that would happen if others didn’t like that thing? Odds are there are LOTS of people who don’t like it - whatever it is.

But maybe it’s something they don’t even know about. So they don’t even have an opinion, but to you that looks like ‘hate’.

And that is the beginning of a discussion that can lead to changes.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Count Adramalekhovich Searmagomedov  
@Background Pony #0659

I love Halloween (Samhain). It’s such an important time of year.

We plant seeds in the spring knowing that we have a responsibility to cull them in the fall.

Slaughtering livestock that can’t make it through the winter, harvesting the crops in the field … cutting wood for the fire for the long darkness to come. Selecting the seeds that will be planted in the spring, only to be harvested again next fall.

Saying thanks to the land, the standing people, our companion animals, and to the many crops that we harvest and freeze or dry or can for the long hunger.

And spending that long night together, greeting those who came before and who have left, becoming reconciled with those we wronged, and those who wronged us, feeding the fire together and saying farewell to The Mother as we prepare to welcome The Crone. Making ready for the blanket that will bring the land to sleep.

It’s such a wonderful and important holiday.

It’s actually my favorite.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Count Adramalekhovich Searmagomedov  
Those are good too! But … if you get the chance … don’t miss an opportunity to kill the Corn King and lay him to his rest and wait for the Eternal One who will raise Him to die again next year.

Or, better yet, BE the Corn King.

full

Kali’s calling. She’s the Mother of darkness, the Mother of pain … Kali’s calling us into the darkness.  
Pass to The Earth, time to lay fallow. Pass to the Earth at the time of The Crone.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012

A great way to start that discussion is to name one thing - just ONE THING - that you like that you think everyone else here hates.

Actually, it’s a lot.

Star vs. The Forces of Evil  
Steven Universe  
SpongeBob SquarePants (post-s3)  
MLP G4 (Post-Season 4)  
Hasbro  
WWE  
Disney  
Nintendo  
CGI animation  
Netflix  
Live-action  
Marvel  
Funimation  
TikTok (although there are some things in there that I don’t like)  
Celebrities (except the ones who I don’t like)  
The romance genre  
Shipping  
My Hero Academia  
Fortnite (although I get pwned sometimes)
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Ok, let’s see here…

“Star vs. The Forces of Evil” I actually really liked Seasons 1-2. They were refreshingly entertaining for what they were. Seasons 3-4 on the other hand… yeah, I can’t stand them.

“Steven Universe” Same as previously. Loved the series up until the episode “Bismuth,” in which case, I felt it went MASSIVELY downhill.

“SpongeBob SquarePants (post-s3)” Honestly, the only seasons of the show I hate are 6 and 7. I actually enjoy the other post movie seasons, except 8 which I found to just be ok.

“MLP G4 (Post-Season 4)” Again, only hated Season 8. I did feel that the series peaked at Season 4 though.

“Hasbro” I moreso hate some of their business practices as opposed to the company itself.

“WWE” No opinion. I’ve never been big on wrestling.

“Disney” Ok, I’ll give you this one. I love a lot of the media they put out, but the company itself does a lot of really s###ty things that I just can’t ignore.

“Nintendo” Same as previously, but not to the same extent.

“CGI animation” I prefer traditional 2D animation, but I don’t actually hate CGI.

“Netflix” Same as Disney and Nintendo.

“Live-action” Same as CGI.

“Marvel” It’s owned by Disney, so a lot of how I feel about Disney applies here.

“Funimation” I do actually like them. The worst I could say is that their streaming platform kinda sucks, but that’s about it.

“TikTok” I don’t really care for this site. Seems too much like a breeding ground for clout-chasers.

“Celebrities” Depends on who you’re talking about.

“The romance genre” It’s not my favorite genre, but I do like some romance series. Hell, my big creative project has it in spades.

“Shipping” I don’t mind it, but I also don’t like the toxic ones that aggressively attack others.

“My Hero Academia” I love the series. Nuff said.

“Fortnite” This is a complicated one for me. I think it’s fun, but I also don’t like a lot of things in the game either.

There. That wasn’t too hard now, was it?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Huh. So … I’m curious why are you saying that I hate those things?

Let’s go through your list, item by item:

Star vs. The Forces of Evil - Never seen it. I have no opinion of it, not even sure what it is.  
Steven Universe - It’s pretty good. I haven’t seen all of it but the later seasons are quite good.  
SpongeBob SquarePants (post-s3) - I still watch it.  
MLP G4 (Post-Season 4) One of my favorite episodes is post Season 4.  
Hasbro - I literally volunteer on a Hasbro fan site. I literally love them both as a company and an entertainment source so much that I give them my money and spend some of my free time volunteering on sites devoted to their products.  
WWE - I used to be a amateur wrestler. When I was in college I and my friends used to get regularly get kicked out of bars for recreating pro wrestler scenes.  
Disney - I pay them money to see their products and really do love a lot of their work, a lot.  
Nintendo - I tend to prefer Square Enix and Sony. Nintendo just doesn’t hook me. Their games are fun and I enjoy playing them with friends, but they don’t ‘hook’ me. So, I just don’t love them enough that I play them by myself.  
CGI animation - I worked at a company that rendered one of the most famous and first CGI Animated movies of all time. CGI animation only wrote me a check for almost a decade, it was some of the most fun work I have ever done in my life and I love every aspect of it. In fact, I particularly love Rainbow Rocks BECAUSE of what they were able to do in the CGI in that movie. It is amazing and wonderful. I also am deeply fascinated by the work I’m seeing in the G5 movie - not just the CGI but the integration with the Foley Art in the movie. I can’t stop watching individual scenes, like Sunny stopping on the top of the bridge - her forelegs stop, but her butt ‘momentums to a stop’ and the Foley includes those rear wheels moving on the cobblestones - but you can HEAR the FRONT legs STOP! Oh my god I love everything about the CGI in the movie. It is just almost a freaking master class in everything from integrating overlapping shadows to coordination with the Foley. It’s … shockingly good. I literally love it.  
Netflix - Lost In Space, Kipo, She-Ra, and now G5? Oh my god, NetFlix is the best. I love NetFlix. I literally just watch whatever they recommend sometimes at night because they are SO MUCH BETTER than anything else out there, and are getting it right in so many ways.  
Live-action - Have you seen the opening credits for the Live-Action Cowboy Bebop?! That is going to FUCKING ROCK! I can’t wait to see it!  
Marvel - Iron Man. Iron Man. IRON FUCKING MAN! IRON MAN! IRON MAN! And the first company to ever ‘get’ Spiderman right. Evar. I’m not saying that they can ‘do no wrong’ but holy shit. IRON FUCKING MAN! Also Guardians Of The Galaxy is one of the best movies ever made. Also Thor: Ragnarok, maybe the best of all movies in that entire series.  
Funimation - Again: Cowboy Bebop. How can anyone ‘hate’ that? They aren’t Gainax, which is sometimes actually good. But .hack, Ace Attorney, Afro Samurai, Ah! My Goddess!, Tenchi Muyo, Ai Yori Aoshi, A-FUCKING-KIRA!, Apple-God-Damned-SEEEEED, Armitage, Astro-Freaking-Boy!, Athena Goddess Of War (also live action) – that is just the A’s. How can anyone ‘hate’ Funimation?  
TikTok (although there are some things in there that I don’t like) - Never used it, completely don’t care.  
Celebrities (except the ones who I don’t like) - IRON FUCKING MAN.  
The romance genre - Ah, Megamisama (Ah! My Goddess) is one of my favorite series of all time.  
Shipping - You mean like Sherlock and Holmes? OH MY GOD I ship it.  
My Hero Academia - Never seen it. Don’t care.  
Fortnite (although I get pwned sometimes) - Never played it. Don’t care. The porn is interesting though.

So - do you still think that EVERYONE ELSE hates these things? All of them? That every single person here hates EVERY SINGLE THING you like, or within this list?

Or is it possible you’re projecting onto the other users of this site the anger you have from what other people on other sites have said that hurt you, and expecting all of us here - every single other person on this site - to be responsible for the words of people who hurt your feelings somewhere else because you really need to find someone to talk with you about your hurt feelings and this is one of the last places where you can actually talk to people?

So you’re making us do the work of professional therapists and help you process your feelings on social media?

Again - just speculation - but please consider that maybe you are accusing others of things that aren’t true about them because you need it to be true so you can have the fight you need?

And this is one of the last places on the internet where people are friendly enough with you that they’ll actually talk with you, even when you accuse them of untrue and, to them, terrible things like hating something they really love and that is a massive part of their own, personal, support mechanisms?

Again, I’m just speculating. It’s impossible to diagnose someone over social media, but … we have talked a lot over the years, and I really don’t think you’re right in your assessment of what I hate.

So … why do you think it’s so important to you that I hate things that I actually really love?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide