Vent thread

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
8÷2(2+2) is a poorly written expression. Where’s (2+2)? The numerator (answer is 1) or the denominator (16)? The fact that it keeps trending on Twitter is aggravating.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Flutter_Lover

My gf is a recovering alcoholic.

I set a single, solitary rule for her living with me. No alchohol in her car, no driving drunk.

What does she go and do literally two days after I set that rule? Sneaks out a bottle of rum into her car.

I will not be walked all over nor taken advantage of.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Penguin Dragneel%  
@Vivace  
In general, the brackets and anything next to it gets operated first.

(8÷2)(2+2) would be 16, considering 8(2+2) as the numerator if you expand it. A better written expression for it would be:
8(2+2) / 2
8÷2(2+2) would imply 8 being the numerator and 2(2+2) being the denominator, so the expression returns 1.
8 / 2(2+2)
At least, that’s how I would do it. So even if 8÷2(2+2) is poorly written expression my gut feeling and muscle memory would have to go with 1 being the answer.

Reminder: 8 ÷ 2 x 4 is NOT 8 ÷ 2(4)

8 ÷ 2 x 4 = 8 x 1/2 x 4 = (8 x 4) / 2

8 ÷ 2(4) = 8 x 1/(2(4)) = 8 / (2 x 4)
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
8÷2(2+2)is something where algebraic convention tells you to solve it differently than how a machine would solve it.

Also I quit drinking recently. Well I need to get to the point where i don’t cheat with weak beer. It just turns me into an antisocial shit head with high blood pressure.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
The math thing is stupid, speaking as an engineering student. It has no right answer because it’s invalid. The use of “÷” is not accepted in the mathematic world except as a method of learning basic math. In practice, no one uses it because we already have something better — FRACTIONS.
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #0EFE  
Alcohol and self pity until i lash out at old beef and wake up in a hospital having to get straight cathed because my peehole isn’t working.

Had to mask and social distance in the mental hospitol. Then they give me some drugs, and I’m like screw it, I’m just going to stop drinking and save myself the trouble.

Come home, smoke a bowl, put on my reading glasses and find a restraining order in my email.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Zincy  
Had some fun with a girl, that doesn’t even know I’m intending to transition. Figured I didn’t have to say anything because i’m not on HRT yet.

She came over to vape THC, I told her my house was down the street from her job.

Had a pirated copy of Godzilla vs Kong on in the background.

She has a car and a regular job, I don’t think she is looking for anything serious in me, and me neither.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide