Vent thread

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Shylover

Some people, like me, don’t trust vaccines. I won’t go into great detail about that, specifically; Mom had a flu shot in 1973, and she got sick from it. Sure, that is old news by now. However, yesterday, I saw a headline of the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine causing blood clots in people. Legally Prescribed Drugs, in the right doses, often enough cause people to die. What else might show up? Who knows, but I have my own precautions. They’re not quite tested as much as I’d like, but I’ll rest easily and without worry when I take them.

If I feel difficulty breathing, I’ll try taking Lomatium Dissectum (Root) Extract.* It’s not directly studied against Covid, but it is studied against Influenza (albeit just in 1 or 2 studies) but it has good results, and should be investigated much more. It appears that it reduces Cytokine Storm in the Lungs; that it reduces excessive amounts of Cytokine CXCL10, which is a significant thing in common with Covid. If it is, then I can’t imagine it not working against Covid. Quality of a purchased tincture may vary from brand to brand, however.

• Lomatium Dissectum can cause a rash in some people, but few people report it. I’m not sure if it’s a “detox rash” or not. If it is, one has to stop taking the Lomatium until the rash has passed. Maybe the rash would eventually stop coming while taking Lomatium, I don’t know.

I only know Lomatium Dissectum because, in 1918’s Influenza Pandemic, one Doctor (Dr. Ernest Krebs Sr.) was sent to study why some Natives in either California or Nevada (I forget where) were not dying of Influenza. He found the plant to be the reason why. Sadly, it never was investigated much further.

Beyond the root extract, I’m eating enough Garlic and Horseradish that anyone standing by me would notice. TBH, I don’t know how well they work against Covid, but both of these are pro-respiratory system foods that also strengthen the immune system. At least, they can’t hurt in decent moderation.

Finally, having enough Vitamin D3** reduces the Flu (that’s proven.) No, the Flu is not Covid, but it’s lung health related; whether or not it would help against Covid, I don’t know, but I don’t think it’ll harm. I didn’t take this enough lately, so I’ll restart.

**D3 requires Fat Calories to absorb in your body.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Barry Tone  
Some people have more adverse effects from vaccines than others. The reason she got sick was likely the side effects of it. It’s to be expected, because vaccines are usually literally just dead or weakened viruses being injected into your body so you make the antibodies to fight the full strength virus. J&J is the only covid vaccine to have blood clots and even then, it’s only 8 people reported. Pfizer and Moderns are the most reliable and effective.  
Anyways, my point is you shouldn’t distrust vaccines just because you get “sick”. You should always expect side effects from a vaccine. Not everyone will get them but most will.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Barry Tone

Treating the symptoms of a virus while refusing the vaccine is like opening the gates to the city so you can shoot the barbarians in the streets.

Some houses are still going to get burned to the ground.

Your methods may prevent death, but what if you get saddled with longterm conditions? We already know that covid can cross the BBB and lead to neurological problems. It also damaged neuromuscular junctions, the olfactory bulb, the liver, and numerous other organ and organ systems.

Fancy plants, while a good source of inspiration for medicinal purposes, pale in comparison of modern science. We take what nature offers us and make it better. Which is why drugs derived from this plants will have better effectiveness than just munching on some leaves.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Zincy  
B-but essential oils are a better alternative to vaccines!  
And then their kid dies because they refused to vaccinate them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

If you want definite solutions, the only assurance in this world is death.

Everything else is “best case”, because reality is not as simple as some seem to think it is.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
@Penguin Dragneel  
only thing that’s considered normal is living with the virus and calling it an endemic, which eliminating it is highly impossible, due to it’s survival rate. Granted, I know it’s not typically the flu, but it’s just as contagious.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide