Vent thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever
Did you get that from that one dumb YT video?
More like I finally had it explained by that one dumb random YT video that got recommended by me, since it’s really been nagging at me.

I was looking at memez. One thing led to another and I came back to the good ole “how many layers of irony are you on?” “like 5 or 6 my dude” “you are like a baby. Watch. S U C C

SUCC was deepfried, random, ironic to the nth degree. Whatever underlying message it has, is buried and inaccessible.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Baka Mitai, a deepfake meme, is spliced in irony. Lamar roast Franklin has evolved past its original cutscene to something else entirely. Coffin dance memes are also operating in two layers at least.

Here’s how I know I’m fucked when it comes to irony: I enjoy the original sources because of the meme, and rarely on its own.

Without the context of the meme, the original sources of baka mitai lipsync, lamar roasting franklin and coffin dance still has a sense of sincerity that is clearly visible. Baka mitai was still a sincere attempt at lipsync-ing, GtaV is clearly a satire, coffin dance is a documentary on an african invention.

But now I only see them as nothing other than being “the original source of the meme” and due to that, enjoyed them so much more.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@TheSultanAkbar  
Nah you dont get what im saying. Lemme explain: That shiz was funny in 2013. Errbody loved it. I loved it. It was no doubt the moment all gta5 players remembered.

But back in 2013 we loved it for a different reason. It was a funny scene of an exaggerated, stereotypical black gangsta shit. It was a satire. Plain as day.

2021 now I see that scene and think of the MEMES, and it becomes extra ironic.

2013 my reaction then was: Lol he talks funny / wow he roasts that dude hard.

2021 my reaction is now: if he only let a loc come up in his crib he wouldn’t have been roasted by everybody in the multiverse.

See what I mean?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

There is a thread on r/islam that goes:  
If you could vote for a caliph in 2021 who’d that be?

Serious / boomer / muslims whose sense or irony haven’t been fucked, picked their choices of muslim leaders, their imams, scholars or generally ppl who might have the qualification of running a caliphate.

They entertain the question as a serious hypothetical.

Me? I picked Khabib Abdulmanapovic Nurmagomedov. Former UFC Lightweight undefeated champion, for this reasons:

I assumed that the question was a joke and is actually just asking “who is your fave muslim public personality?” but I’ll play along and justify why Khabib might be a good caliph.
Egil
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

screaming forever
knighty can you please fix your shit site so that I don’t have to recheck the dark mode box every other week dark mode randomly decides to not work?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide