Vent thread

lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Looking back through the year, I think it’s finally hitting me how much of a void was left by the end of FiM. I want to go back to the good ol’ days. I mean there’s no new material aside from the bit of Pony Life. And it’s confirmed we won’t be seeing any IRL cons until at least 2022 thanks to Corona-Chan.

Another thing I miss is the trips to look for new pony merch. Up until around 2018 I’d make several trips a year to Topeka’s west side (AKA ,Wanamaker rd) which was the pony hunting grounds, where there were 5 places to look (Toys R’ Us, Target, Walmart, Kmart, and hot Topic). I’d usually hit all 5 in one trip. And there was going to all 3 (now 4) Walmarts with my blind bag code list to find the ones I need or special ones. Kmart closed down, followed by Tr’U, and Hot Topic quit carrying pony merch (and I don’t think they have much time left because West Ridge Mall is dying). And of course the end of G4 meant no new merchandise, and Corona-Chan sealed the deal on the end of the trips.

Though I think I’m about ready to just hang it up, especially thanks to the fandom being poisoned by politics. I mean it’s kind of hard to like a show when the creators despise you for your political opinions, along with the majority of the fandom, and it’s gotten more and more apparent the last 4 years. I’m working on a project, but have lost my motivation to finish it, and I’ve sidelined 4 others because of this (especially after the con announcement). Also lost the motivation for the art ideas I had and a fanfic I was working on.

Guess it’s not just that though. I always have good days and down in the dump days, but this year the dump ones have outnumbered the good ones. I’ve had more health problems this year than before too. The main one is GERD I can’t get under control thanks to my hiatal hernia (which gave me some major pain back in March), and ultimately it might lead to me going out like Eddie Van Halen (and there’s always a chance Corona-Chan could get me). Can’t even go off somewhere to untangle my mind thanks to the virus threat.

Yeah this is one of those down in the dumps days.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Not another Hikikomori short documentary

I really don’t wanna put a value judgement on the whole thing considering:  
A. Im not Japones  
B. I may have zero self esteem, but it’s in Celsius, while these lads have zero self esteem in KELVIN.  
C. Maybe Hikikomori’s figured something I hadn’t.

Anyone who can somehow relate to any of the characters involved, can you clue me in as to why people think Hikikomori is a problem? Do you think it’s a problem? I personally dunno.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide