Vent thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Diego Maradona is dead… The Hand of God. ( - _ - ) Fuck you 2020! Fuck for everything, but this is bullshit!

En una villa nació, fue deseo de Dios  
Crecer y sobrevivir a la humilde expresión  
Enfrentar la adversidad  
Con afán de ganarse a cada paso la vida

En un potrero forjó una zurda inmortal  
Con experiencia sedienta, ambición de llegar  
De cebollita soñaba jugar un mundial  
Y consagrarse en primera  
Tal vez jugando pudiera

A su familia ayudar

full
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheSultanAkbar

Legends should not die at 60 years. And especially not legends that we hated so passionately that they became role models for us. One lion you could love is worth more than a thousand sheep following you. (sigh)
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
2020 was so bizarrely awful that fucking JibJab was brought back to life with their Year in Review.

2014 was the last one they did, but the that was after 3 years of a different style. The last actual one of the original style was in 2011.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Well, that’s depressing. I got some tips from a semi-successful content creator on how to maximize my revenue, and they basically require me turning my channel into everything I hate about modern YouTubers.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman  
To be expected, actually. Deep down you kinda knew it.

Yer smart, you already know that you prolly had to either sell out or exploit the system but since yer an artist who still values your artistic integrity and control over your content, you held back from walking the path that could make your channel a Youtube revenue-generating machine.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

I’ve spent the past 2 years studying business, advertising, and persuasion.

The more you learn about those mechanisms, the more you come to hate how the modern system works.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@tehwatever  
@Zincy  
Yup. I mean, I am monetized, but he’s basically saying that if I want to make this my profession, then I need to sacrifice everything that makes me me just to appeal to the masses.

Some of the suggestions, I can understand. One thing he recommends is skipping my intro and getting right into the vid, and that one is fair. I didn’t even have an intro for the longest time. But then he says to only make album reviews from now on, and to only make them around 10 minutes in length. I don’t know about either part of this statement; I previously made reviews about both music movies and rock albums, and that was my niche, but unfortunately it seems that most of my new subscribers who started following the channel because of my Van Halen III review aren’t interested in my film reviews. And my reviews have been 15-35 minutes each for the longest time, since so often I have so much to say about the material I’m analyzing, so I fear that cunning down the length would only lead to a worse analysis.

He says that I will also have to talk about relevant stuff that the masses know about, even though I had previously made videos about lesser known stuff. His suggestions include to do a video on Ozzy’s song with Post Malone, and on “the current state of rock.” And then he said that I should use more clickbait thumbnails and titles. Siiiiigh.

The main thing I get from this, and from many of the recent comments I’ve been receiving, is that if I want to continue making money from my content, I have to completely blend in with other music review channels and become virtually indistinguishable in the process. And apparently once I reach 50K subscribers, I can go back to making the content that I want instead of kissing up to the algorithm, but what’s even the point if there’s such a low chance of getting there? Things were easier on this front before I was monetized, when I was just making these for fun. Now everything’s changed.

I wonder how JonTron does it. He’s a YouTuber who, from what I’ve seen, always made the content he wanted to make and maintained his own style while still managing to get buttloads of views.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

Early mover benefits.

The old guard got there first and now have the benefits that come with it. JonTron, the Grumps, Markiplier, The Yogscast, Pewps, all have established audiences, ad investments, name recognition, etc.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
Can you get a cramp in your throat?

Because today, mind-yawn, my bottom jaw seized up and something curled itself painfully on the bottom of it.

Was scary.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

The singer of my favorite Filipino metal band Slapshock named Jamir Garcia just committed suicide…

2020 has struck a special part of my life once again…
TheSultanAkbar

Man, I don’t the whole point of monetizing your true self. Either you are very deluded, a gargantuine hipster or both.

Hadn’t anyone taught you to keep personal feeelings out of business? Jeez, it’s like business 101.
Beth
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@TheSultanAkbar  
Oh Thanksgiving? We got to have some holidays, I never even care which, just as long as we got days to sit around and eat etc.

@WyrmSpawN  
Yes, and it can be exactly like that.

@Zincy  
I love ads, it’s just like old TV, I hear about some new products in exchange for free viewing services. I hate ads for beer, and ads for parenting. I choose my beer, and I don’t want to see someones gross kids just because I look at ABDL stuff. Of coarse you can somewhat manipulate Google based advertising by going to the Data/personalization of your Google account.
Dex Stewart
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I just make the kind of videos I want to see,Ashens type stuff,or me rambling about some nerd stuff. YouTube hates me though,and a video I made about potential Power Rangers comic plots still has no views.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide