Vent thread

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
Okay I’m gonna inject some personal opinion in here real quick so don’t get scared.
I don’t think an announcement of a change was a good idea, because it makes it look bigger than it really is.
I don’t like that choice.
However I don’t involve myself in these topics at all to begin with, so it does not affect me either way and I can’t say a whole lot.
I just don’t personally thing it was a good thing to announce, but it was not my choice and it is not a big deal to mean as it doesn’t affect me.
The response is overblown mainly because it was treated as a big announcement and I don’t feel it was wise.
But that’s just how I approach things. My 2 quid.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I’m starting to think people don’t read the fine text.

Of course, this is also why I think an announcement wasn’t a great idea as people will assume the worst.

lose/lose really.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Let me explain something. People are objecting harshly because the mods have been extremely permissive up to this point. You can’t have a site that allows depictions of every evil imaginable and users cheering it on in the comments, then suddenly forbid racism and criticism of a political movement. It makes you look like a virtue-signaling hypocrite.

Gee. I wonder what’s the next huge shit that’s going to happen that will further prompt more “changes” to suit the climate?

It’s because they were so permissive and libertarian with things that people like me have stuck on here for a long time now. As with many artists, fans, enthusiasts, and people of numerous backgrounds.  
You guys were doing such a great job with this diversity thing up until you virtue signaled, started doubling down on this wokeness. Better than most site and communities I would say.  
But I fear those days are over.
Infrayellow
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Artist -

@John Sheppard  
Honestly I agree. I made the mistake of checking out the derpy’s policy changes on twitter earlier, and it was just ridiculous. These same people saying the brony fandom is about “love and tolerance” are the same users lashing out and accusing those who oppose the changes of being fascist/racist/whatever. Its mad.
Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
Oh boy, here again. Ain’t it just grand when your questions are deliberately ignored or given a non-answer and then the thread’s locked because there’s non-boogeymen asking questions of the regime?  
man, reminds me of something, can’t quite put my finger on it, though…

In other news i can’t wait for Red to re-implement bad torch luck again with the new event that was just added today. Thanks, you spectrum-aligned ass, ready for the Terraria community to blow out your ass a second time?
Background Pony #D4F8
I don’t think an announcement of a change was a good idea, because it makes it look bigger than it really is.

Yeah, doing this all sneaky-sneaky would have been way better received.
Background Pony #888D
Obviously, you don’t see everything that is going on, but it was a “least worse” solution to a problem that probably was not publicly viewable

I was refreshing the thread constantly and saw none of the typical low-effort spam posts that would normally accompany a brigade, but then again i dont have access to your mod logs so there could have been a lot going on.  
The thread was linked on /mlp/ and byte[] at least was aware of that as he publically called out a user in his edit, maybe that /mlp/ thread was the reasoning for the lock but i dont expect you to confirm nor deny that.

By performing a controversial action and then not responding to the fallout, he effectively dumped the situation on the next available person.  
You could have just ignored it, but the fact you’re actually responding is to your credit.  
Last post from me, try not to stress too hard about this whole thing.
The Walhi Llama
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Undesirable
@LightningBolt  
To be perfectly honest, I think you’re right. Although I would have preferred the change not be made in the first place, I probably wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t pasted on the front page and Twitter like some giant fucking virtue signal.

However, I did notice a lot of comment threads being autolocked in a very interesting pattern, so maybe not.

But if you did it entirely under the radar and people found out, that probably would just make it worse.
Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
@TheSultanAkbar  
Would you rather i vent politically in here?  
There’s two reddit posts that have already summed up why the community collectively flipped their shit about the feature far better than i can, should be in the notes of the associated wiki article. I can link it if you’d like.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide