Vent thread

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Derpy Whooves
I understand that completely but i’m not sure how being volunteers is relevant to my point.
One of the mods making such a thread would alleviate that impression.

Like I said, most folks have lives, so there is no volunteer right now who could create that thread or answer any questions there. I’m doing it here, but I’m also busy with other site stuff.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
I’d have to see what images were being deleted/censored to give an honest opinion on that specifically. But being near downtown LA, honestly, fuck those rioters. No, not the protestors, but the rioters. I don’t like seeing my city looted and destroyed.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Also I wanna add that I don’t wanna see this thread closed over these debates so I urge you all to either make your own thread about it or do what was told and email ops.

Don’t turn a thread about general venting into something that gets closed and then no one can vent.
FrecklesFanatic
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Zincy  
Its aso at its core a site which gains its very existance from beeing a platform for fandom art of any kind. I understand banning stuff thats illegal, as it threathens the existence of the site, but there is nothing illegal about controversial. Art can be controversial, Hell, most any art on here, even the tamest, is probably controversial to many/most outside the fandom by beeing cartoon horse art drawn by (mostly) adults.  
I dont see why censorship like that should be condoned.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@MagpulPony  
As I lamented earlier in the thread, there seems to be, online anyway, a kind of disconnect in criticizing the rioting/looting being construed as criticizing the protesting, and defending the protesting being construed as defending the rioting/looting. SomethingAwful might be complete shit now, but years ago they had it right: “The Internet Makes You Stupid.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Infrayellow

Irrelevant when it comes to a private business that provides a free service.

I have a general litmus test in these cases. If it does not provide a essential service, if it is not a paid service, and if it is entirely privately owned (i.e not on the commodity market) then the owners of said property can do as they see fit.

You are free to do one of three things.

1. Petition, within their rules, for the site to change.  
  2. Leave the site  
  3. Ignore it and carry on.

They could flat out declare that anything said by a specific group is entirely forbidden. Hell, they could ban the word cake and hand out life time bans for even uttering it. It is, as stated above, a free, private service.

We are all free to disagree, and many clearly do, but our disagreements are ultimately moot. If they reject your petitions, that is the end of it.

Respect the rights of private businesses.
Background Pony #E269
@FrecklesFanatic  
As someone who browse /mlp/ from time to time, it’s hilarious seeing the staff blame any dissenting opinion and thread destabilization on us.  
I’m like … dude, we wish we had a hundredth of the influence you seem to think we have.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheSultanAkbar  
I’ve been to unmoderated communities before… They’re much worse believe me… Especially, when groups of users themselves take it upon themselves to self-moderate instead, or be vigilantes, or the trolls/spammers take over.
Blurrystep

@Selaphiel
Don’t act like you’re an innocent ray of sunshine.

And you are not the bastion of morality you think you are my friend.

Closing the thread amounts to a tantrum of not getting what you want.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
@Zerowinger  
People here in Los Angeles are fed up over it. It shouldn’t be controversial to criticize and reject obvious criminals. If anything, not criticizing them and thus not making the distinction between the rioters and the protestors is the worse option as it paints with a broad brush. People need to acknowledge the two sides.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@LightningBolt  
I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.  
They’ve closed all other “controversial” threads. Derpy keeps telling us to “take the discussion” to other threads. When there is practically none, and every thread that pops ups, gets closed as soon as one side of the discussion gains the upper hand.

Face it. they don’t want “disagreements”. Granted, it is your site and you have every right to do what you did.  
But WILL call you out for your shit “reasons”.  
And I’m not surprised things ended up this way considering the political leanings of a good portion of the staff on board this site. I’m just surprised it took this long for it to conveniently manifest.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheSultanAkbar

I’m speaking from an area of pure ambivalence.

Just stating the facts as they are. Sure, folks can point out any flaws in all of it, and they’re free to. But at the end of the day, they hold the cards.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Hey I got my own opinions but I hide all this shit so I don’t see it anyway. Shrug.

At the end of the day, very little actually changes, and truthfully I would have preferred nothing be announced as it makes it seem bigger than it is, but that’s the way it goes.

Few people will be affected at all, and even less will be affected in a negative way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide