Vent thread

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@MagpulPony  
That implies that there is a god. And not even the most devout Christian can say with 100% objective certainty that there is a god. They can believe and have their faith but that’s all it is.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
@Mikey  
As a black man, it’s nothing but mind control and a waste of time, logic and reason. Why need a creator for help if it won’t intervene in the time of disaster? Oh wait, because men has fallen under original sin. facepalms That’s not the reason, that’s a sorry fucking excuse of why suffering happens, and I’m fucking sick of it.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Lord Goku  
Well there is kinda a blurry line where until it becomes technically detailed enough people will just post where the people are.

I mean only the most abstract concepts of belief came up. Venting in nature. Nobody said “Islam this” or “Samson did this with the bone of an ass”.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@MagpulPony  
Exactly, that’s all faith is. A belief, but one that most likely had origins in the distant past. And if scientific evidence came about that was 100% indisputable no one would believe in a god. But it’s impossible to prove either way.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@MagpulPony  
Nature doesn’t reward faith.

Faith is willful ignorance. Occurring only in primates because our outer cortical brain allows us to bs eachother.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I remember when I went through my edgy fedora Athiest phase when I was 17.

Now I wish I had my faith back. I could use that strength these days.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@MagpulPony
Nature doesn’t reward faith.
Faith is willful ignorance. Occurring only in primates because our outer cortical brain allows us to bs eachother.

I mean, faith is a human construct, most likely based from the worshipping of nature from early homo sapiens. Humans are a fearful species, following things they don’t understand out of fear, which is more than likely what most modern religions come from. The term “god-fearing” exists for a reason.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Ninji  
I can have faith that my house won’t burn down. Doesn’t mean I don’t own a fire extinguisher. God says to have faith but He doesn’t say to be stupid.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
I remember when I went through my edgy fedora Athiest phase when I was 17.
Now I wish I had my faith back. I could use that strength these days.

There’s nothing wrong with not having faith. There is everything wrong with being an atheist who’s an asshole who talks down religious people. As an atheist I prefer skepticism over everything else. Ask questions, not make statements. Sometimes you should question your faith. Sometimes question your lack thereof.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Flutter_Lover  
What does your race have to do with anything?

And for what it’s worth, I don’t typically use Christian doctrine like original sin when speaking to atheists. I don’t see the point in quoting scripture to someone who doesn’t believe in it. Philosophy works better for that. Although I understand unfortunately not everyone uses that methodology.
Flutter_Lover

#WaifuLivesMatter
This isn’t me bashing religion or a deity, I’m just sick of people who thinks they’re moral than people who are skeptical against the idea of a god who does nothing but expect us to humble ourselves and feel sorry for being full of mistakes. Mistakes exist for a reason, perfection is a fantasy. If someone were to tell me where does my morality come from, I would tell them that “I view my morality in the mind of myself and others who value life and happiness. There are days where I do feel like I want to do horrible things, but my conscience is more bigger than my actions. I would correct errors than to hide behind them and make new ones.”
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Fear of death, of losing loved ones and being unloved in a world indifferent to your pain.

Who cares where you draw the strength to overcome such things? God may or may not exist but If faith is a source of strenght and solace for people I won’t look down on them for it.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@Flutter_Lover  
I’m sure you know how same I feel about those who subscribe to “social justice” or whatever screwed up political ideologies they hold who think they’re morally superior. Those who always act like KNOW IT ALL saints who can do no wrong.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@MagpulPony  
If you own a fire extinguisher then you’re not entirely faithful your house won’t burn down.

We can have faith or trust based on observation.

Faith is willful ignorance, but willful ignorance can mean not being paralyzed by analysis. We cannot know everything, we have to choose to be ignorant about something, but it’s not a moral obligation.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Tbh, I actually find it more annoying when people portray God as outright evil who’s “holding humanity back.” This is especially common in JRPGs.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Flutter_Lover
What does your race have to do with anything?
And for what it’s worth, I don’t typically use Christian doctrine like original sin when speaking to atheists. I don’t see the point in quoting scripture to someone who doesn’t believe in it. Philosophy works better for that. Although I understand unfortunately not everyone uses that methodology.

I don’t think atheists and religious people should debate each other with the goal of convincing the other, only to make them see their point of view.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Ninji  
You can have complete faith that you can jump off a building and God will save you. You’ll still die when you hit the ground. Hence, from my understanding of the Bible, it literally implies to not go through life being stupid just because you have faith that you’ll be fine.
Jarkes
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Terminal Red

Among others.

@icey wicey 1517

As I understand it they just view it as “exotic”, though there may also be some resentment there. I don’t know though. They use other myths as antagonistic forces in fiction as well though (most notably Norse mythology; I can’t even begin to tell you how often Yggdrasil is used as the name of a villain or villainous organization).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide