Vent thread

Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

It’s amusing when I see the fallacy of composition applied to 4chan.

Some there do it often against Reddit sure, and some on /mlp/ do it against this very site and Equestria Daily, but that line of reasoning shouldn’t be applied regardless of who it is against.

But hey, it fuels our emotional negativity. Some of us like to assign blame to make ourselves feel better about our social and moral standing.
mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Josh103  
Hey man, I admitted that they’ve done good in the past and I’ve even seen a few art threads on 4Chan that I liked. But it’s just not the place for me.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@MethidMan  
No, it actually happened. I more or less saw that toxic stuff unravel myself there. Thankfully the person’s suicide attempt wasn’t successful.

And you’re right. Fighting fire with fire just makes the flames spread and destory more things. And you’re right. It’s very illegal to hack NASA (especially over something as petty and bigoted as “black women are working there”). And wow, kinda hypocritical of him to do that if he was pro-science.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Josh103

You know, talking like that just makes you look like a pretentious pedant.

You’re not entirely wrong, but there are ways to voice it without looking like you’ve got an ivory tower jammed up your ass.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@mjangelvortex  
/mlp/ alone has stopped a few fanproject frauds from happening and has made big food donations to the poor. Unsurprisingly, the special people who hates 4chan with all of their might have fallen as low as to try to sabotage the food donations from happening, because intercepting food meant for the hungry and behaving like a psychopath animal is OK as long you could shoot down a charity act organized by evil, evil 4chan.

Every community has it’s fair quota of assholes. As a 4chan user, I’ll agree that the place has some really fucked up people (PurpleTinker from /mlp/, for example) but I see zero difference between 4chan assholes and assholes from other communities, where for example, I’ve seen people wishing death on others for real, just because they disagreed with them or did things they personally disliked, and like textbook psychopats, never can see and never care about how fucked up they and their comments are.

“B-but, but 4Chan is so mean…”

Yeah, that place can be really nasty, no question about that. It’s still not an excuse to behave like a deranged psychopath and pretend is OK because “B-buh 4Chan is so mean, they deserved is, it’s justice…”
Background Pony #0B80
As someone who vastly prefers reading discussions on 4Chan rather than a place like Reddit, I wish that so many would be hackers and terrorists didn’t hang out there. I enjoy watching people discuss weeb stuff without having to deal with things like names or upvotes.

That being said though, harass threaten or harm people, and you should get hit by the full force of the law.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Background Pony #798E  
I prefer Reddit and Tumblr because of the name thing. It makes it easier to connect with other people (if there’s someone you like, you can PM them for example). The upvote/downvote thing is its own share of pros and cons. It can help prevent spam and people acting like huge assholes to each other but sometimes people can and do get downvoted for little to no reason sometimes.

@ILoveMyoozik  
I don’t blame you. I might do the same.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
/mlp/ acts like we’re fascists, but the reality is that most of them are probably just upset that they aren’t allowed to say what they want without repercussion.  
I have no respect for /mlp/.
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

@Zincy  
I’m amused you care more about your perceived delivery of the concept instead of its cogency.

Would you rather I dumbed myself down and typed “4chan isn’t one person” then?
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@LightningBolt  
But you’re our Edgelord and that’s all that matters.

@Mikey  
Another reason why I prefer going on here, Reddit, Tumblr, and fan forums to discuss things. I think having moderators and staff step in to stop people from crossing certain lines is important.

@Josh103  
Based on that tone, I think that ivory tower is still somewhere in there. Me being sassy aside, yeah. I think it probably would have been better that you just said that instead.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I think having moderators and staff step in to stop people from crossing certain lines is important.

I agree. Not just saying that as a mod, mind. I just think good moderation is needed everywhere to keep things from getting too crazy. Limits are a nice thing to have, even if they’re loose and flexible. As long as there’s someone to keep things from going too crazy, or people to start doxxing others or harassing them, it can make environments much more enjoyable..
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@Josh103

Never mind, you don’t sound like a pretentious ass, you are one.

There’s a difference between typing something intelligently and being an utter dick about it.

It wasn’t the content of your message, or the level of intelligence needed to understand it. We all understood it just fine. I wasn’t saying “dumb it down” I was saying “don’t be a cunt”.

Or is tact a concept beneath your superior perception of the world?
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Background Pony #798E  
Keep on mind that many so-called hackers or doxxers from 4Chan are just weens full of shit. Again, I’ve seen with my own eyes how doxxing threads are shot down and bans are delivered when the local Mods are notified about them.  
No matter how hard the contrarians keep claiming, doxing and other illegal things are not allowed on Chan. Sure, assholes would try to start doxxing thteads or try using the place as their personal army for a raid, but the moment the staff is aware about what’s going on, they step in and nip the trouble on the bud, because if they don’t, the entire site can be shut down.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide