Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I watched Markipliers video on respect, and decided to tiptoe into the whole chain of events that led here with Pewdiepie. While doing so I discovered that horseshoe theory may as well be a universal constant.

It’s amazing that I see people yelling about how you should be allowed to say whatever you want, shouldn’t get offended, and that no one should be silenced.

Then Jackceptieye makes a video that was a little critical of Pewdiepie. Thus the comments section is filled with the same people who yelled about free speech. Now, however, they are demanding he close his channel, calling him a “back-stabber” (which is as much of an over-reaction as calling Pewds a Nazi), saying he should be silenced, and just generally getting offended over his words and opinions.

The old phrase of “can’t have your cake and eat it to” comes to mind.
Amana09
Artist -

@Zincy

I generally try my best to stay way, way, WAY far away from that stuff. The sheer amount of hypocrisy is unfathomable, imho. If it were turned into money, it could pay off the US national debt w/ enough change left over for 2 more naval fleets.
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Question stuff and enjoy
@Zincy

It’s amazing that I see people yelling about how you should be allowed to say whatever you want, shouldn’t get offended, and that no one should be silenced.

I’m really starting to wonder if this free speech thing requires a certain minimal standard of intelligence that’s far from universal in the world today.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Amana09

Given the increasing rise in popularity of people who throw their hats into this ever growing ring of fecal matter I’ve considered starting a Youtube channel myself.

I’m already lunching a political blog, and work for a grassroots apparatus. Might as well profit from it too.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@ArkyNoid

I mostly just like poking people until they react, so political discourse is fun for me.

I think I’m finally coming out of the rut 2016 put me in politically. I’ve got my fire back, time to burn shit.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I feel like people have been lying to me all my life.

When I’m in Middle School: Don’t worry. It may be bad now, but high school will be way better!

When I’m in High School: Yeah, high school sucks, but college is where it’s at!

When I’m in College: Well, college is a bit of a downer, but once you’re out of college and in the real world, it’ll be much better!

Why didn’t anyone just tell me the truth, that life would only get worse and worse as the years go by?
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
Guys we need to focus on principle rather than actual religions. For example I for one don’t like the direction Canada might soon go in with censorship and I’m not even Canadian. For one thing there’s always a potential ripple effect.

I think everyone’s rights matter and no group should overpower the others. Have we spent centuries building (relatively) scientific societies for this???
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@ArkyNoid

We’ve navigated away from scientific principles in favor of trash TV, alternate facts, backroom deals, and fair weather alliances.

The move toward a more science centric, advancement culture that dominated the 50’s to the early 80’s died during the end of the 80’s.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide