Vent thread

BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@PonyPon  
I don’t know.  
There’s someone who has a grudge on me and whom i have a grudge back, but i’m afraid of namecalling.  
Either way, things are usually dire there. I don’t know why the SJW thread wasn’t closed alongside the politics one.
arcanedarness

@Nightweaver20xx

I’m often against physically hiting a children. Nevertheless, when a children is treatening you or other people with a knife, maybe restraining or knocking him/her out is the best course of action (but this depends on the circunstances).
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Shirani  
It’s mostly because discussions on SJWs can be intertwined with discussions on politics.  
The mods have straight-up mentioned that they closed the politics thread because they felt it was poisoning the atmosphere on DB and that serious political discussions should be made in another place.
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Question stuff and enjoy
Hmm on my DA alerts a brony artist even posted a journal about the Pewdiepie Nazi thing, which I know little about. Well from here on I’ll just not pay it mind.
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
People who are trolls, verbal abusers, major hate talkers and || retards || in general are probably the main people to thank for the inevitable partial evaporation of free speech and anonymity on the internet. I bet a lot of the backlash is the wording and poor message transmission skills equally as much as the content of said message itself.

|| If you are like me though and have studied history, you know “free speech” is a bit of a myth even under the US First Amendment let alone the regulations of other countries. Reality. ||
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Americans are becoming generally more tolerant and accepting of religious groups, apparently. One would be hard pressed to tell by the current state of political discourse, but the data is there.

full

Suck it angry fuckwits, there is still hope.
SuperSupermario24
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

fluffy sylveon
@Zincy  
I dislike how that graph is made to look like those jumps (particularly Muslims and atheists) are huge, but in reality the most drastic one is a little over 20%. (Then again, what kind of scale even is that anyway?)

Either way though, that’s definitely uplifting.
ÄrkÿNóîd

Question stuff and enjoy
@Zincy  
Pretty ominous to think of where atheists rank there. I always hear a certain religious segment cry persecution by them even though it seems the other way around. Big meanies exercise their right not to believe in your talking serpent/golden plates/circumcision ritual/etc. HOW DARE THEY?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SuperSupermario24

Uh, that’s how those graphs are designed, the data is represented fine. The lines are drawn to scale with each other, longer line, larger jump. The scale itself is a 0 to 100 ratio scale, 0 meaning absolute negative feelings, 100 being absolute positive feelings. So higher jumps up the scale are going to be depicted as larger lines, and lines further up the scale are closer to 100.

41 to 50 is a much larger jump than 63 to 67.

I’m really not seeing a problem, I’ve used this type of graph several times.
SuperSupermario24

fluffy sylveon
@Zincy  
I know it’s accurate, I just think it has a kind of misleading appearance. It sorta makes the jumps look bigger than they actually are.

A jump from 41% to 50% on a scale of the same size from 0% to 100% looks like this:  
full

Yeah I know there are reasons for not doing that (for one thing, having an actual readable graph at a reasonable size). It probably doesn’t really matter.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SuperSupermario24

Assuming the two sides of the graph are parallel, and that each tick mark on each side matches up (50 on one side matches 50 on the other) than it’s pretty impossible for the data to look skewed. Each line would be perfectly scaled to one another, again assuming the graph is even. As far as I can tell, the two sides are parallel and even.

I reworked the data into a bar graph and the larger jumps were still very noticeable, if that helps. A little less so, but bar graphs are always rather bland.
SuperSupermario24

fluffy sylveon
@Zincy  
I’m not talking about the different jumps looking big relative to each other, I’m talking about them looking big in general. This (traced from the original) looks quite a bit more drastic than this (made to scale), does it not?

Again, it’s not really a huge deal. It’d probably be difficult to make a good graph of this kind to absolute scale like that. I probably shouldn’t have said anything.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SuperSupermario24

Well yes, but as you said the readability would likely suffer. Since you’d have barely any difference between smaller jumps.

Though I sense the point of the graph is to indicate differences between each group, and the overall upward trend, rather than the actual scaling. If that’s the logic, than overall scaling isn’t a major concern, so long as the jumps are represented within the sample.

General rule of thumb tends to be that graphs are for quick dirty reference, you have to read the actual data for the details. Graphs will always be a little messy. If you’re interested, here’s the full article
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
I have to learn to not let everyone’s opinions on things effect my writing.

What I mean is “Someone I like talks about how they hate it when this thing in something shows up and they’ll drop and stop reading/watching said thing because it offends them” or something.

And like. I know for what I wanna write I am not going to pretend like certain things don’t exist and wont pull my punches when writing.

But yet I want everyone to be able to like my stuff so it bothers me a bit and I might consider trying to change that.

But in the end though I shouldn’t change the serious stuff I want to write in the future. And just realize that. Hey, if Johnny over there is getting offended by something I’m writing than well. Oh well I guess!

I shouldn’t have to bend over to please everyone. And I can’t even do that anyway as that’s impossible. As not everyone is please able. And you wont be able to not offend everyone in some way. Doing so might even ruin my writing and or story too. And give things less of an impact.
ÄrkÿNóîd

Question stuff and enjoy
@SonGokuMonkey

Speaking of economics I’ve been watching vids about Universal Basic Income (UBI) today. I can only imagine the polarized arguments that can lead to. Nevertheless it’s a fascinating subject.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@ArkyNoid  
I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened here in the USA soon, considering that we have 80,000+ pages of laws and regulations to abide by (and keep in mind that’s just federal law), making it real hard to start a truly innovative business to compete with the corporate big wigs.

And of course the automation, even in fast food restaurants.
ÄrkÿNóîd

Question stuff and enjoy
@SonGokuMonkey

Yep. I can say from real observation small business is… not having a good time at all in many avenues. Not all but many.

One of the main arguments in favor of UBI I saw though, and this makes sense, is manufacturing work is going to be robotized/automated and a pretty big number of workers are going to no longer receive that income. There are other factors too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide