Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

What board?

Also, Russia just breached the INF Treaty that restricts the construction and deployment of short-ranged cruise missiles

If deploying an offensive, nuclear capable weapon isn’t a provocation that needs an immediate and firm answer from the US, I don’t know what is. Never thought I’d ever, ever agree with Tom Cotton, but his most recent quote is perfect.  
“I’ve said before we need to set firm boundaries for Russia’s behavior – and enforce them to the hilt.”
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Question stuff and enjoy
@Zincy

I don’t believe in nuclear apocalypse anymore. It’s not a war that can be won without mass retaliatory damage and a pyrrhic victory at best. Theatrics. The same governments that pretend to rattle sabers at each other are mysteriously buddies up on the International Space Station.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@ArkyNoid

Oh I know they have no intention of actually using nukes. This is still a violation of a treaty, and Russia has proven in the past that if you give the Ruskies and inch, they’ll take a mile and raid your vodka stores.

Plus, with Trumps comments about NATO, this is going to worry some of our European allies.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
what about NATO? Oh that they need to do their fair share and actually contribute what they said they would do back when NATO was formed? NATO documents show that a majority of NATO members fail to meet NATO’s guideline, established in 2006, that defense expenditures should amount to 2 percent of each country’s gross domestic product.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Shirani

All but 5 countries are within spitting distance, and none of them spend significantly less than the US in terms of precentage. Only 3.16 of our GDP, with most nations averaging around 1.5 - 1.2% of their GDP, with the top spenders that are under 2% being 1.78, 1.56, 1.54, 1.49, and 1.38. Many of these nations produce such low GDP that even if they upped their contributions to above 2% it’d be a drop in the bucket. The only straggler that has no excuse is Canada, but they make up for it by fielding a large bulk of the peace keeper forces. Ultimately, the US, the Uk, and Germany are going to shoulder a bulk of the fiscal end of NATO. We also have the largest armed forces out of every NATO member. Logically speaking, we’re going to be the center pole.

Trumps secretary of state pick has even said there is little way that most NATO allies could reach the 2% goal, so the spending is going to be skewed.

However, my issue is with Trumps comments on NATO being obsolete, which is disconcerting.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Shirani

Russia is likely going to stick around for awhile. And yes, NATO is very much needed. Especially if Russia is going to violate Cold War treaties.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide