Vent thread

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Jade Kitsune
Marceline is a great character :) But, that style is actually a lot harder to replicate than it might seem. It’s kind of the result of a lot of shorthand and gesture work. The style looks simple, but it deceptively hard to replicate. It’s a great start though :)
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Jade Kitsune
Gesture sketches are when you get, like, 20 seconds to draw a human model. Or 10 seconds. Or at most a minute to 5 minutes. They strike a pose, you draw. They strike another pose, you draw. For an hour or more.
In the end you get really good at ‘capturing the energy’ of the pose.
Adventure Time has a lot of simple drawings in it, but they ‘catch the energy’ of the characters. It’s a weird combination of old Disney stuff and … well … Davinci.
Here’s an example - the model is wearing clothes, but the wrinkles actually can add a lot to the work you’re doing to capture the pose.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Ciaran
Well actually I decided on Adventure Time because after watching an episode of Kiff, I thought maybe replicating any non-anime art style with Simpsons style eyes, no need for eye color… I gotta be honest, this all sounded better in my head but as I’m typing this on my iPad, now I realize I have no idea what kind of point I’m trying to make here. Maybe I just wanted to spite my realism-loving art teachers who told me to stop wasting time drawing silly, simple cartoons and doodles, and their criticisms put me off from drawing for two decades, and I only decided to start again because commissions are getting more and more expensive, and I wanted to do simple and silly again because of TheOdd1sOut, who draws similar blobby characters and he’s got a Netflix animated series now.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Jade Kitsune
Drawing drawing silly, simple cartoons and doodles is some of the most important work you, or anyone, can do. It’s what separates us from the beasts.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Jade Kitsune
Those who do not draw, or who consider cartoons to be a waste of time and energy, or those most sorry examples of civilization who do not chamfer their cutoffs.
Posted Report
Elidiotadelaesquina
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -

Stupid idiot
Apparently my co-worker had no better solution for slow internet than turning the modem off and on… When I was in middle on a card transaction & no, he didn’t warn me.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I hate it when I’m on my day off and I keep getting messages of things being wrong in the store I work. I’ll just wait until I go back to face whatever consequences I will probably face. It’s my day off.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Sigh
This wasn’t gonna be easy was it. I had the urge earlier to start hating a certain character again. But that amount is unhealthy and I like her
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

@Badheart
Why you guys act like I took a shit and left my root for good? This is a strategic decision for me to fit in with the MMA community in terms of musical taste.
Fuck being a one-dimensional music enjoyer.
I’m on a metal hiatus for now. That genre has full of big drama show. Cringe elitists.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide