Vent thread

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
Damnit, you really got me there.

It was an oblique reference to a person on death row and people trying to get him off the hook and somebody else, but you really shot it out of sky.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #802E  
Thank you, but, I think it’s more “approximately”. Where Human brains are involved, it is always a slippery surface, and you never really know what’s going on.

Nevar. Even when it’s all over it’s like trying to analyze why MacBeth’s wife was who she was.

Act II Scene 1 [The Doctor]: I think, but I dare not speak.
Background Pony #0659
@Ciaran  
(Note that what i’m gonna say is directly my opinion.)

I agree.

Now on Hollowfox’s stuff, I actually know him, I watch him on DA. I actually commented on several of his posts under “389898”. https://www.deviantart.com/389898

Now, i do see your point, but i think another thing to ask is this: Should he go to a therapist?
Background Pony #0659
I never understand why most home video companies place FBI warnings at the end rather then at the beginning.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #0659  
Uhm … well, you and I have spoken too, so … let’s not link to conversations on other sites, ok?

What happens on DA stays on DA. I see the link doesn’t go anywhere, so no harm done, but let’s leave stuff from other sites on other sites. Doing anything else too quickly starts feeling like DOXing.

And whether someone should or shouldn’t go to a therapist is really their own call. We can SUGGEST that they might benefit from it. But HOW they benefit from it has a lot to do with why they seek therapy.

For me, I use a therapist like I use a car mechanic. Others use therapists like clergy, or friends, or doctors …

Personally, I think that everyone could benefit from spending some time talking to a professional, if only because it might help make them more effective or give them more beneficial coping mechanisms. I mean, I see a therapist periodically just to get a new baseline for how I’m dealing with stress. It’s like getting a massage - sometimes you don’t know you’re carrying stress in your shoulders until it’s gone.

But whether or not to see a therapist - and how to USE a therapist yourself - that’s really a personal decision.

@Background Pony #0659  
Because when it used to be at the beginning it was a pain in the ass and people just fast forwarded past it.

And it interfered with the licensing and trademarking that is supposed to be happening there - by law - and unintentionally fucked with some of the ‘how this is supposed to be done’.

Also it didn’t matter where the warning was. The law is the law whether you’re warned about the law or ever informed of it.

Plus how do you do that on DVDs and BlueRays? It’s just a chapter to skip. And streaming? Now you get into SUPER weird spaces, because TIVO is not necessarily illegal, or is it? Isn’t it exactly the thing the FBI is warning against?

And there opens the gates of hell.

So it’s better it is out of there. It messed everything up and was largely self-defeating.
Background Pony #0659
  1. Good point on the site part. Sorry.  
    Understandable on the therapist part, so i guess it’s up to the person really. I’m fine with that.

2. I only say this cause 20th Century Studios/Fox used to put their warning at the end when vhs was still around.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #0659  
Ah, yeah, if I’m remembering correctly 20th Century Studios/Fox were one of the studios who pointed out the ‘doesn’t fit well with other laws we have to comply with’ of the FBI warning being where they were compelled to put other information.

I mean, you still see some of that in the way that actors do or don’t show up in the opening credits or if they’re just in the back of the film. Some of it ends up a part of the contracts, but … yeah, every country has its own ‘this is how you have to do it’.

And then the FBI says; “Plus also do what we want OR ELSE”.

I’m glad we’re largely past that.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

seventh layer of hair
I may have talked shit about Conor McGregor going nuts over VMA before but I would like to refrain what I’ve said to him.

Thiz the only time I’m gonna side along with that goofball since it’s the bigger dickhead Machine Gun Kelly he was actually after.
Background Pony #0659
@Ciaran  
Not only that, you also had Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (In the early days) do this.

Now on dvd’s and blu-ray’s, it’s possible to have the warning at the end. Lionsgate did this when they acquired Artisan entertainment. Paramount also started doing this in 2004/2005.
Eroraf86

Coding is hard. Translating one code into another code with different conventions is even harder.

Debugging that translated code, the purpose of which is to figure out why an algorithm that should work doesn’t? I need a fyaying drink.
Background Pony #0EFE
so…anyone who uses g4 purist as an insult. can i start calling them g5 bootlickers? or is this a only one side gets too insult type of situation?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide