Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I studied a cockroach the other day.

Had to paralyze it first, or I should say that I inadvertently paralyzed it partially while attempting to kill it.

I took the opportunity to study it while it was incapacitated. The mechanics of its functional legs was particularly interesting.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Zincy  
The German cockroach has followed our family for generations.

My multi fauceted but 10% lazy assault made them faster and smarter, to the point I empathize and respect them as I kill them.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
…WHAT THE HELL

I just checked my internet again, and it’s up to 95%. LITERALLY 95 PERCENT OF OUR MONTHLY USAGE! HOW?!

I HAVEN’T EVEN BEEN USING MY INTERNET THAT MUCH SINCE WE FOUND OUT IT WAS UP TO 75%!!
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
No, I have my phone disconnected from wifi. My parents say they have their phones disconnected as well.

Streaming services… well, we watched Netflix once the day before yesterday, but that only took us up to 40% by yesterday morning. It was only yesterday when things went down to 75%, and now to 95%.

Other than that, I can’t think of anything, unless a neighbor is tapping into our internet and/or Nelson Cable is screwing us over because they have a virtual monopoly in this area and can get away with it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

Ah yes, VA’s wonderful line laws, where a company can get exclusivity in an area so long as they lay 100 yards of line every three years. Been meaning to write our now competent state legislature about finally getting that overturned. And watch Verizon and Comcast shit their collective britches.

Nelson Cable, never heard of them. Didn’t realize that Nelson county had its own proprietary cable. That place is the boons of the boons, even more farmy than Floyd and Bedford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re fucking you over.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
Well, we technically live on a mountain near Crozet, and the only other ISP in this area is HughesNet, but according to basically all our neighbors, it’s somehow even worse than Nelson Cable.

Yes, we should definitely get that overturned. It’s utterly ridiculous. I mean, living on a mountain and all, I can understand not having cable internet, but for Toph’s sake, these data caps are ridiculous! Especially in an era where we have to do all our business online.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

The trouble with living in the mountains.

You should call your ISP tomorrow and see where the usage is coming from.

In other news, I’ve been seeing people bitch about the Airforce removing the height restrictions for pilots. The typical “they only done it fer feminists reeeeee” bullshit.

The height restrictions are relics from an older age before more modern engineering. They’re switching from a height restriction to body proportion and weight distribution metric, which has a larger impact on cockpit accessibility than height does.

This restriction doesn’t just affect women, but also short men, and men over 6 feet, both groups were also kept from flying because of this obsolete system.

What really gets my heckles up is when non-military folk get all uppity about this shit. When I hear some fat fuck shout at me about combat effectiveness and how much he hates women in the military, only to find out that the bastard is too much of a pussy to serve in the first place. Don’t bitch about “women in uniform” if they’ve got bigger balls than you do yea useless fuck.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
Unfortunately. It’s like we’re being punished for not living in the city, even though we’re actually at an advantage because of that.

And oh yeah, I remember the whole height restriction thing. I learned about that because all the original Mercury Seven astronauts were former Air Force pilots, and one of them was almost too tall to pass. Didn’t know those restrictions were still around, though.
KolpSlack
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Reborn Reject
You know what else is perplexing? The fact that some artists get so bent out of shape all because someone decided to insert something unrelated. From an observational perspective, it seems they can’t accept change. I get that they might not want to do something, but I won’t even begin to put up with toxicity. Justify it all you want, you know who you are.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide