Vent thread

xXArKoPinkeSs
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

The Boomers are older than Gen X and were born and raised in probably the best economy the US has ever seen, before completely fucking it up for X, Y, and to a lesser extent Z.

This!
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Badheart

I don’t blame anyone. I make more money than a good 2/3d’s the people here, and come from a family that started in a trailer, and now live in a 3 story house with a handmade bar in the basement.

We are a walking success story that has come with our share of suffering.

But you know what? The data doesn’t lie. Gen X and Gen Y both were saddled with nearly 14times the debt level above the boomers. Both suffered through two of the worst recessions in US history with the contraction of 1981 and the 2008 financial crisis. Gen X saw most of their savings and investments obliterated in the course of 3 years, only to be smacked down again in 06-08 when many of the 401k’s tanked in the crash.

Gen Y meanwhile inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. With a job market so contracted that most people hitting their formative age couldn’t find employment. Instead, they were forced into higher education, with a rapidly rising tuition rate requiring them to take huge loans out that they can’t default on.

The housing crash and land price spike hit many X and Y during the time they should have been able to buy their first homes, forcing nearly 30-40% of them to be stuck in a buying limbo, of which many never recovered leading to a glut in house purchases which then deepened the housing crisis.

It was financially runionus for many, many families who honestly never fully recovered. With the econ only shaping back up to some semblance of normality in 2014-2018.

No other generations have ever had as much dept, as few jobs, and as few home buying options as Gen X and Y since the middle of the Great Depression, another time when an entire generation was lost to financial ruin. The Greatest Generation was then forced into the 3 Consecutive Meat-grinders that were WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. With a vast majority of them never gaining financial solvency. Their children, the Baby Boomers, did.

When one lives in a glass house, throwing stones will lead to disaster.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Collecting Revolutionary Girl Utena on DVD has been tough. I have managed to get episodes 1 through 12 on DVD and episodes 14 through 26 on DVD.
xXArKoPinkeSs
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

@Zincy  
Don’t forget about the national debt. The boomers are responsible for that as well.

The baby boomers are the most spoiled, entitled, and privileged generation to ever exist in America.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Out of +100 people that took up the German language courses, I am one of the few, if not the only one, who failed 2 years ago.

Language has never been my forte and it shows. I still have nightmares about the time I got my results, to see that I’m the only one in my group that failed. Do you have any idea how that felt?

I hate myself for it and I always tell myself that I can just move on, but it haunts me to this very day. To be singled out like that is the most horrifying feeling I’ve ever experienced. I’m not just part of the lowest denominator, I am the lowest denominator.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide