Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ranch in topic Vent thread

Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Hot take which I guess is kind of opposite to the OP's vent from 8 years ago. I think vapor/chill/lo-fi/nightcore whatever else genre of internet music, while it can sound good, is obscenely lazy. The majority of it is just taking a song and either speeding it up or slowing it down, adding some out of the box distortion effects from some program and being called a "genius" for stealing someone elses work. It's like tracing a picture and putting stickers and glitter on it.

None of this would bother me if these motherfuckers credited the original song, but they never do. It's so dishonest. The original song creator sinks into obscurity (because they always -~~steal-~~ sample soldengs that are sa few generationgs old) but hey, at least I know the name of the random af anime that was chosen with 0 context to provide visual backing. Because they will credit the anime footage but not the original song creator. I really just think its theft.
No reason given
Edited by Ranch