The 2020 Community Collab has begun! Join in for round four of our massive group collaboration image! Click here for more information.

Viewing last 10 versions of post by TheHappySpaceman on Vent thread

TheHappySpaceman
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist

Ha-ha, charade you are!
"@SuperSupermario24":/dis/vent-thread/post/2894493#post_2894493
Okay.

I recently agreed to play a show benefiting a local summer camp for children with autism . What's more, this camp is named after a friend of mine who was murdered a few years ago, so naturally, I would want to play there. What's more, this camp is named after a friend of mine who was murdered a few years ago, so naturally, I would want to play there. However, the organizer recently said that we would only be playing for ten minutes at the beginning and implied that I was only there as the token autistic musician. Ignoring that somewhat insulting last part--I want to be invited to places because people like my music, not because of my crappy condition--only ten minutes? It usually takes ten minutes to set up my equipment. If I'm going to play at a small event where I won't even be paid, I should be allowed to play for more than ten minutes.
No reason given
Edited by TheHappySpaceman
TheHappySpaceman
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist

Ha-ha, charade you are!
"@SuperSupermario24":/dis/vent-thread/post/2894493#post_2894493
Okay.

I recently agreed to play a show benefiting a local summer camp for children with autism . What's more, this camp is named after a friend of mine who was murdered a few years ago, so naturally, I would want to play there. However, the organizer recently said that we would only be playing for ten minutes at the beginning and implied that I was only there as the token autistic musician. Ignoring that somewhat insulting last part--I want to be invited to places because people like my music, not because of my crappy condition--only ten minutes? It usually takes ten minutes to set up my equipment. If I'm going to play at a small event where I won't even be paid, I should be allowed to play for more than ten minutes.
No reason given
Edited by TheHappySpaceman

Back